Integration question
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Question  Integration question
Hi Everyone.
I had a question about integration that I hope someone can answer.
If a person integrates all of their parts will that person retain all of the memories the individual parts had? Will the now "singleton/whole person" be able to recall all experiences or will there remain gaps in memory?
Any info you can provide will be helpful.
Thanks!
06-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Feedback  RE: Integration question
[Disclaimer: We ourselves choose not to integrate.]

We can only speak from our own experience. Our only two "integrations" each involved someone who only existed to fulfill a role that we thought all multiple systems "should" have. At some point, we'd realized that the paradigm of multiplicity wasn't one-size-fits-all, and that we would be better off being true to ourselves.

The end result was that each of these two individuals dissipated into others within the system. It wasn't done consciously. And there were some resulting changes in the people most closely affected.

All of this was over 10 years ago, so the details are hazy for us now. But the end result was that we were better off afterward....not so much because we had chosen "integration" per se, but because we rectified the effects of a paradigm that didn't apply to us.

MDs
06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Website Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Other/All/Unsure   RE: Integration question
That's my understanding, yes. All these different streams will become currents in one unified river. I think our T uses facets-on-a-stone or such analogy. We haven't discussed it for some years, so I can't recall what she's said exactly. I think you have the general idea, though.
06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
RE: Integration question
My experience is that it's not so cut and dried as all that. Memory is not a static thing in anyone. There are always gaps, ebb and flow.

What does seem to hold true for me is that those insiders who join together are much less troubled by invasive, out of place memories. The past mostly takes up residence in the past, with triggers being less frequent and far less volatile.
06-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Feedback  RE: Integration question
Thanks for your replies.
I know a person who integrated fully but often has to rely on old journals to recall moments in their life. I thought if a person integrated then all of their part's memories would become part of their consciousness. This individual will recall what part had executive control of the body for each event but they won't have detailed memory of the event. I thought it was sad to think one might not recall moments in their life and could not reminisce with those they interacted with at the time.
Complicated!
06-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Integration ? Silent Society 6 5,666 12-24-2015, 12:13 PM
Last Post: WeAreKaren