The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Scammers - Cammy - 06-21-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: Scammers - mosaic - 06-22-2018, 10:03 AM
RE: Scammers - The People - 06-22-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: Scammers - Cammy - 06-23-2018, 01:52 PM
Scammers
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Scammers
This past few weeks I've inundated with scammers. Here's the list of what's going around at the moment:
1. Got a Facebook message from supposed one of my friends, but was really a scammer pretending to be a friend. He told me about that government grant thing where you can apply for all sorts of money for anything. Just for fun I tried it and was approved for 20,000 dollars in minutes PROVIDING I gave them my personal information including my social insurance number.
2. Got a call from Microsoft Technical Assistance to tell me they had detected a problem on my computer. Amazing, considering I only use MacIntosh. Apparently once you give them remote control, they hold your computer for ransom by locking you out by changing the password.
3. My husband got a text message saying that the tax people were coming to arrest him.
4. I got a voice mail from the tax people saying they were coming to arrest me
5. I got an email from a supposed female who had 5 million dollars locked up and all she needed was an international business partner to tell the bank to open up the cash drawer. Yeah, right. This is a version of the Nigerian Prince Scam.
6. If you get a phone call and no one is on the other end, don't say anything else, just hang up. If you speak the word "yes" they use it to prove you approved of them sending you their products in the mail and then charge you for them.
7. There's an emergency at your bank phone call - your account has been compromised. If you hang up and pick up right away to call the bank, the scammers haven't hung up yet but are still on the phone pretending to be your bank to get your account information from you.
8. Never call back strange cell numbers or phone numbers on your call display. They ring you through to a 1 900 line that can cost you a ton. I got one of these too - just don't phone back. Mine came from the canary island region.

PS: I REALLY despise scammers.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-21-2018, 08:13 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Scammers - Cammy - 06-21-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: Scammers - mosaic - 06-22-2018, 10:03 AM
RE: Scammers - The People - 06-22-2018, 04:38 PM
RE: Scammers - Cammy - 06-23-2018, 01:52 PM