People
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
People
I just don't understand them. The couple I am living with until an apartment comes up are pressuring me. Their daughter is coming for a visit with her boyfriend. So I am to vacate the premises while she is here. I don't get it because she will stay upstairs and I am in the basement. But that is how it is.

Before my bedbug catastrophe I would visit. Husband would ask personal questions and then reassure me that they would always be here for me. Well the rubber has met the road and it is more people letting me down.

I don't understand their connection with their adult children. The love, the mutual respect and reliance. Ads to the sadness actually.

He asked me again today about getting a place through an agency. I don't even have the f*ck*ng application in and they cannot pull a rabbit from a hat. But I have had enough and will try to find other temporary accommodations until something permanent comes up. Only God knows how long that will take.

I got 2 new suitcases today for 70% off and then another $10 on top of that. She had asked me to throw mine out when the bugs landed. Suitcases are a great transporter of bedbugs. She said she would buy me a new one but I have given up on that. I didn't join them for supper. Not hungry for food.

Just a sense of belonging.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: People
we've had to move in with a couple on a few occasions in life and despite being really helpful its almost always a bad idea in the long term. people are very territorial about their space and though some might think they will be able to handle someone living with them inevitably one or both of them decides they desperately must have their space back and starts acting a little crazy. people are weird, but predictably so. usually better to live with someone who was on their own as they are usually more pleased about the company and don't get so crazy when they've had enough..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-04-2016, 05:22 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: People
Yup. Things have settled down again as I have made it clear that I don't intend to be here permanently. But I still want my own place and my own routines back.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Some people win, some people lose The People 3 2,922 08-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Collectively US