More hurt
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  More hurt
We got dxd with the beginning of osteoarthritis yesterday Which means the pain we have been having is not going to go away. Ever

And yesterday in T we started talking about all of the secondary wounding we sustained over the years. Swords drawn by so called professionals who sliced and diced us when they were going to be helping us. So much of that. f*ck it hurts. Really rough shape getting home last night. And guess the cut on our leg from a cardboard box of all things is healing. We have 10 stitches. Did it 2 days ago. Hurt when I got up this am. Close to tears here. Have een going to T since late 20s. The body is almost 56. When does it all stop? What do we have to show for our life?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Find Reply
57thomas Offline

Threads: 3
RE: More hurt
Hang in there. I know how easy it is to get into thinking that the way it is right now is how it always is and always will be (sometimes that seems like a mantra for me), but it really is only temporary. I'm sure there's a lot of the last 36 years that has been good, even great, you just can't think of it now because of the present pain. Maybe you need a change of scenery to change your perspective? It works for me sometimes. Just do something different, unexpected, out of the ordinary.
08-28-2014, 04:00 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: More hurt
(08-28-2014, 01:05 PM)The People Wrote: Have een going to T since late 20s. The body is almost 56. When does it all stop? What do we have to show for our life?

We hear your pain and frustration, and we're sorry that you're hurting.

That being said....You have plenty to show for your life. You left the FOO, moved across the country, and started a new life for yourself. You've had a career helping people, and even though you're not working now, you still help people as a volunteer. You're a published author, soon to be published again. And you've made life better for the hundred-whatever People of the Castle who exist according to Two's very reliable count.

And you've done good things for yourselves and for others by being a part of this community for over 15 years.

Yes, there are difficulties. Sometimes lots of them. But there's a lot of good as well.

Allegra and others
08-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Website Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
RE: More hurt
I agree with both of you. Good advice. Advice I needed to hear too. I remind myself that this is Only temporary and it will pass. I try to remember the good stuff and that helps. Also helping someone else is good therapy.
The pain will pass and you'll be OK. You have a lot of people pulling for you.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
08-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger hurt/angry angel with wings 6 4,574 07-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Last Post: angel with wings
  we hurt in many ways chem_in_6 8 5,439 08-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: chem_in_6