Freaking out!
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
Scared  Freaking out!
Hi guys. I have to call the parents and I am freaking out. They want me to come see them with others of the fam in the house where all the bad stuff happened and it is just not an option. They have never acknowledged the severity of what happened and what they were told was brushed under the rug. I can not go to that house.
Fortunately, I have some really good reasons why I cant go. The main reason is that I start back to work the day this thing is starting. (I am a teacher and just have a few more precious days of freedom before I have to appear ok all the time again.)
Whenever I have to call the parents for any reason, I freak out and have to psych myself up for the call. So am freaking out at the moment. Wanted to post here as I know others will understand. Have to get this over with. UGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
07-27-2014, 06:38 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Freaking out!
Not fun! this is why i like email!! good luck and give yourself a treat after the call Undecided. you can do this!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
I am hoping all the best for you.
I have severed all contact with those responsible for hurting me. Tried to see them as an adult, but that was just as bad. Decided it was best to leave them behind with all the stuff. it was the best decision I made.
Hope things work out for you.
07-27-2014, 10:05 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Freaking out!
Keeping you in our thoughts, Silent Society.

MDs
07-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
I hope you were able to do something nice for yourself after the phone call. I also hope everything worked out.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
07-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
Thanks for all the support. The call is done. went ok.
08-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Send flowers with a note attached re why you cannot come if it is in your budget. You do not have to call. The flowers can represent you and add something to the gathering. Or a fruit basket or anything like that. I stopped calling years ago.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Find Reply
57thomas Offline

Threads: 3
I've broken off all contact with my family. I just can't deal with them anymore. I'm so numb when we are together, and then have so much anger surfacing later, I don't need that - can't handle that - in my life at this point. Maybe in the future, maybe not. But I'm putting myself first now. It's not like they ever did.
08-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Agree  RE: Freaking out!
(08-28-2014, 04:21 PM)57thomas Wrote: But I'm putting myself first now. It's not like they ever did.

Well said!

MDs
08-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Website Find Reply