To The People Re: Editing Signature
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  To The People Re: Editing Signature
As a follow up to peak's request on TS, we're going to conduct a mini-class that we'll call "Signature Editing 101." Smile

Make sure you're using IE rather than Firefox. You'll see why later. Once you're in MM in IE, come to this thread and proceed as follows.

To make it easier, start by opening up User CP in a second window (or tab). In that window, click on Change Signature, which is on the left side of the page.

You'll see that your current signature is as follows:

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!Angel[/color][/b][/size][/font]

Of course, the reason why the font, size, bold, and color commands didn't work is because somehow, the code at the beginning was deleted, while the end half of the code remained. MyBB is wonky sometimes in that it deletes customizations while you're trying to insert them. This has happened to us.

The easiest thing to do would be to keep the quote and the angel smiley but delete the four commands that follow, and reinsert the same four commands again.

First, highlight the whole quote up through the exclamation mark, but not including the smiley.
Then select your font.
Then select your text size.
Then select bold/italic/underline if you want any of those.
Then select your color last, because this can be the tricky part.

We'll test the color command by drawing a text-only kitty and then trying to make it purple:

-=^..^=-

The color we picked was the one at the top of the next-to-last column. For some reason, at least for us, the color menu doesn't pop up in Firefox, but it does in IE. That's why we said earlier in this post to do this in IE rather than in Firefox.

Try it and see what happens. Good luck.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 10:53 PM by MakersDozn.)
04-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: To The People Re: Editing Signature
Thanks MD. Will get to that this evening.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Find Reply