The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Reading mystery books. - The People - 06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
RE: Reading mystery books. - Cammy - 06-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Reading mystery books.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
News/Information  Reading mystery books.
While I don't like to write in this style I learned something about it the other day. I forget what I was watching. I think it was 'The Doctors.' They have a small panel of doctors who talk about a variety of topics.

The other day they were talking about reading when a person is depressed. The genre recommended was the mystery. One gets engaged in the book and in the problem solving that goes with it.

No, watching it on TV is not the same thing. In fact, a friend of mine used to watch true crime until she realized that she felt down every day once she shut off the TV.

This is good information. While I found it to be helpful to do some reading on the subjects as I started to put the pieces of the puzzle together there came a point where the sponge was saturated.

If you read mysteries who are some of your favourite authors? For something intense, I like Elizabeth George. For a quick read, I like the Prey novels. (forget the author). Michael Connely is also good IMO.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Reading mystery books. - The People - 06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
RE: Reading mystery books. - Cammy - 06-19-2018, 05:58 PM