Messages In This Thread
RE: Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card - tweeter - 12-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card
Laura and others,
About six years ago, I encountered a couple of unauthorized charges to somewhere in the UK, one for under a dollar, and the other for not much more than that. The bank, with a 24/7 customer service line, issued a new credit card with a new number, without any change in credit terms.

As for the current mess with my debit card:
1. The October claim has been settled, with the replacement money remaining in my account. I got a letter from the dispute dept. yesterday. This dept. is located in a different state. There was considerable confusion as to where I had to send my claim. It was only because they wrote to me separately that I dealt directly with them then.
2. The November claim is still up in the air. When I called my bank to report thievery, I was told to send my claim to them, rather than to the other address. What a mistake that was. I got a letter from the disputes dept. yesterday, which, instead of naming the specific store I listed in the claim (appearing on my bank statement listing), they wrote "VARIOUS MERCHANTS." Accompanying this xxxxxx, was the thr**t of taking back the replacement money if they could not resolve the situation. I would say that the origin of the mistake was the central bank, which I'm beginning to feel wants to get its money back any which way. I'd really like to see the crap that the bank sent to their disputes dept.
Anyhow, I'll send Disputes the correct paperwork, which they obviously didn't receive, along with the police report #. Will call them too. That should take care of it.

I also found out that I was supposed to have filed a police report right away, but the bank held that over my head as something I would have to do if they couldn't resolve the problem, leading to the removal of their replacement money from my account. The police dept. gave me a raft of it because I didn't file a report right away.

I've been a customer at this bank for close to 30 years. Never have I encountered this kind of incompetence, or dishonesty(?). It would be extremely impractical for me to migrate to another bank now. Otherwise, I would do so. I feel like I'm chasing molting feathers.

Hope all goes well with you,
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2013, 03:10 AM by tweeter.)
12-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fraudulent Charge on Credit Card - tweeter - 12-03-2013, 03:06 AM