The People
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
The People
Whoever made the folloing statement: It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice" never had to sit on their f*ck*ng *ss day in and day out and live off a disability cheque all because of a f*ck*d up FOO and others.

We volunteer and stuff but after a life time of jobs where we helped outher people sitting and writing angry letters is nonproductive and nobody listens anyway.Angry
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-29-2013, 03:26 AM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
RE: The People
How long have you been unable to work? When I went on disability years ago it was quite an adjustment getting used to my new way of life. Perhaps volunteering at another place would help? Do you knit or crochet? Do you do arts and crafts? Perhaps reading to kids at the library or visiting people in either the hospital or nursing home reading, visiting, playing cards? I know from experience how it is to be in both a hospital and a nursing home and the difficulty in passing the time. Maybe a soup kitchen or the local elderly vented in town. Some libraries would love volunteer help. Just some thoughts.

Most of what I suggest in volunteering would not be comfortable for me but perhaps one would work for you.

Good luck.

<3
Jamie of Katz krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
02-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Some people win, some people lose The People 3 2,923 08-02-2018, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Collectively US