therapy issues...
Dreamscapes Collectives Offline
Country of the Chaotic

Threads: 39
Question  therapy issues...
has anyone ever found that during a period of not having access to trauma therapy, some therapy was done between people in your own system? Like we have some people internally who regularly held groups inside to work on issues that we can't out 3D?
Volcano
Too many to count, too many to name, but we're all here just the same.
08-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: therapy issues...
Yes. We had a boatload of (mostly neutral to bad) therapists from the time the body was 12 until we were in our mid-to-late thirties. There were also plenty of gaps when we didn't see anyone at all (which was probably better than seeing someone that wasn't any good).

When we started with our current T eight years ago, our previous T, who we had seen for five and a half years, had just retired. We said to our current T that we do most of the work ourselves, and we just wanted her to be a facilitator. As our previous T used to say, "It's your journey; I just hold the flashlight and the map."

Our point is that we do the work consciously (discussing amongst ourselves) even though we do have a T. We've always had the belief that if we're not constantly working to better our situation, we'll stagnate, or worse, slide back. But that's just us.

Anyway, we think internal discussion groups are a great idea. The two of us (Laura and Allegra) have an almost nonstop dialogue going on. Pretty much the only thing that distracts us is watching baseball, and then we start talking about that. Certainly not everything we talk to each other about is an "issue," but the dialogue is always going.

We try to include other insiders, but the bigs are usually reticent. They have big concerns about the fact that we are younger but much more functional than they are. But we're finally starting to get through to them that self-imposed roadblocks aren't going to help them.

[8/12/12: Edited above paragraph to eliminate unintended error in implied meaning.]

Anyway, good luck with the internal discussions. We hope they help you.

Laura, Allegra, and others
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 03:41 PM by MakersDozn.)
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Website Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Feedback  RE: therapy issues...
Hi Dreamscapes Collective.
Good topic!
It got me thinking about how my son works to rescue parts from various internal landscapes and bring them to a positive area where they can begin to internally dialogue and heal from their trauma. This is all done without the aid of a therapist. So I suppose when one is ready to take that journey toward healing it will happen.
08-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
My_horse_is_my_therapist Offline

Threads: 3
RE: therapy issues...
I actually have smething that I call 'my hallway' in my head. I didn't put it there, i think someone else did. It just showed up one day and it's always with me.
I don't have a therapist, and no meds worked, so living and working in very remote areas was a huge risk I took and it worked... in conjunction with this bloody hallway.
it's a white corridor with lots of green doors with round silver knobs and i know some i can't open and some i can. some feel dangerous and they are locked, and i have no curiosity to go through them, but some i can look at and feel okay. it's really strange. but I'm glad for it.

i really hope that doesn't sound completely arrogant! :S sorry if it does!
08-21-2012, 04:17 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy or not therapy, that is the question cew 9 8,455 08-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Cammy