frustration, despair, anxiety, etc
Dreamscapes Collectives Offline
Country of the Chaotic

Threads: 39
Angry  frustration, despair, anxiety, etc
Normally I don't think too much about being poor. Like below the poverty line poor. It's just something that is. It's not going to change anytime soon so we just quietly deal.

But I've found this month just how much I'm dependent on the gov't for my well-being. They cancelled my food stamps...oh, I'm sorry...SNAP benefits...because their computer logged an address change that I didn't put in for at a place I haven't lived since Feb of 2006. And they didn't much care that I had my leases to prove I hadn't moved. All that mattered was what the freaking computer said. So that means I have to start all over again with applying for food stamps. It also means we had to borrow money from our friends just to make it food wise. It also means I won't get to have the kids over again until it gets straightened out because of not having money to buy them. And part of this is because I made the mistake of believing my SS case manager.

so out of frustration and anger and hopelessness I have to just scream....

I HATE BEING POOR!!! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!

various realms people...
Volcano
Too many to count, too many to name, but we're all here just the same.
06-20-2012, 06:55 AM
Website Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: frustration, despair, anxiety, etc
that sucks major! how completely disheartening. i want to scream for you
06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Find Reply
WendyLee Offline

Threads: 5
ME TOO!!! Computers suck! People suck!

I am so sorry you have to go thru' this! It is good that you found a way to get some food.

Last year I had a similar problem, they could have verified the change in rent (that did not happen) before they stopped the food stamps for a whole month, but chose not to, and then the gal passed the buck when I tried to get it straightened out.

Also, my SSI payment was lowered because THEY made a mistake and now I have to repay it since they conveniently lost the paperwork where I could prove that it was not my fault. Advice to all - make copies of everything!!! Even if is "just a worksheet".
06-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
Vivey Offline

Threads: 3
Wow, Dreamscapes Collectives, That Sucks! Good luck getting it straightened out. I worked in social services for many years spending much time assisting people with getting their entitlements. They are "entitlements" too. nothing to be ashamed of. Suddenly 6 months ago I found myself in similar need. got unjustly fired. between the time it took to win my unemployment appeal (3 months!) and the time I started collecting, I was completely broke. Ironic, heh? couldn't get a job either. Even with our Evan Picone interview suit and stellar resume. I was so scared and ashamed. but, believe it or not, my mother (not my abuser) bailed me out. and by the time my snap benefits were processed I received a sweet retroactive UI check. (now I get too much for snap.) and the truth is I was so burnt out in the helping trade and wanted to get out anyways just couldn't figure out how. Well were out now!

Good luck and thanks for your post,

Vivey
06-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Into Despair Again... rainbows 7 4,588 09-10-2015, 05:13 PM
Last Post: rainbows