frustrated with self (vent of the day?)
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
Sad  frustrated with self (vent of the day?)
i go to these training workshops/seminars and feel so positive about what i learn and look forward to applying it in my practice with my clients

by about a week later i'm so sure i don't remember a thing, and sometimes it makes the pre-appointment anxiety even worse (because i "should" be remembering and knowing how to apply it)

i just get so frustrated that i can't hold on to the positive vibes etc that i have at the end of the workshop.
Volcano

another thing - this field is one where it's better not to be isolated from others who do the work... and here i am flying solo in an office all by myself, with no one else to connect to.... and trying to figure out how to connect with others in the area.... oh man talk about panic!

oh okay, i managed to send off ONE email to another practitioner in the area asking if she would like to go to lunch... i am wondering if she'll even respond (after she's through laughing) Anon-32

where did my self confidence (what little there was) go?
06-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: frustrated with self (vent of the day?)
hi mosaic....hearing your frustration. We definitely understand not having self-confidence.

FWIW, you've always been a good listener, and you've qualified to do the work you do because you are indeed good enough at it. We don't think that the other practitioner will laugh at you for asking her to have lunch with you. After all, she did give you her email, and people do this because they welcome hearing from the other person.

Hoping you feel better soon.

MDs
06-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: frustrated with self (vent of the day?)
hi mosaic,
we're also in a field where you do better having regular intellectual contact with others working on the same issues. the great thing is you DO go to the trainings and workshops. you ARE making efforts to connect with other practitioners and keep updated on best practices. even if most of it sinks out of conscious memory, it's still in there and you can still use what you've learned. that's fantastic.

we're starting to think that confidence is best increased with practice and experience. training starts us on the road but the amount we get to use what we've learnt seems to be how we benefit most. we think you're working hard on all the right things.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
WE 100% AGREE!!!!! nats

I also understand how frustrating it is mosaic. Us being a nurse and have to cram all this information into this already full head, and been shown how to do something and then to do it the next day, have no idea how.....mostly it has to do with computer stuff and care plans right now and to feel the confidence slowly slipping away is a dreadful feeling. Hang in there. I agree with nats the more you do/practice it the easier it will be. And who knows you might come up with your own way that works alot better than what you were taught any ways......I find that alot.....the principals are still the same but because we forget things we have to think our way through things to make sure we aren't breaking any principals and come up with a way we are comfortable doing it and that usually looks different than what we were orginally taught.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(06-17-2012, 11:33 AM)Tangled Web Wrote: ... because we forget things we have to think our way through things to make sure we aren't breaking any principals and come up with a way we are comfortable doing it and that usually looks different than what we were orginally taught.

so true.. Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Frustrated re book The People 1 1,604 06-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: mosaic
  Frustrated for getting sucked back in. The People 1 2,098 07-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  So frustrated & angry because I've regressed Cammy 4 3,317 02-01-2017, 06:56 PM
  So frustrated finlyalive 3 3,460 10-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Angry Frustrated - sp mentioned but just as settting. The People 1 2,451 08-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn