Vent of the Day
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Other/All/Unsure   Vent of the Day
[Note: Since I'm so good at venting, I figure that I can dedicate an ongoing thread to it. Feel free to join in. Expect profanity....unspoiled.--Laura and others]

Email chain betweeb us and our interim interim supervisor (don't ask) regarding our regular weekly one-on-one meeting:

_____

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:25 AM
To: [MDs]
Subject: Reschedule our 1:30pm

Hi, [MDs] --

Not canceling…just hoping to reschedule today's meeting. There's an urgent meeting that [CEO] has asked for around a [Organization]-themed...movie, and I can't miss it…and it's scheduled exactly during our one-on-one!

Can you let me know your availability the next three days (Wed-Fri), so that I can reschedule?

Thanks,
[Supervisor]

_____

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:32 AM
To: [Supervisor]
Subject: RE: Reschedule our 1:30pm

Any of those days. Preferably PM. :-P

Thanks,

[MDs]
_____

[Shortly thereafter, we/MDs notice a conflict with the following week's meeting.]

-----Original Appointment-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:15 PM
Subject: New Time Proposed: Update: Weekly chat
When: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:30 PM-2:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
Where: [Supervisor]'s 11th floor workspace

There’s a 401(k) workshop from 1:00-2:30. Can we meet from 3pm-3:30 on Tuesday, June 5?

[MDs] 5/29/12

------------------
New Meeting Time Proposed:
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:00 PM-3:30 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

_____

[Time-lapse as we wait three f*cking days, with steam coming out of our ears Angry , for her to answer.]

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: New Time Proposed: Update: Weekly chat

You got it, sister! And it appears that, although it wouldn't have been my preference, our weekly one-on-one did, essentially, get cancelled. :-(

But we're on for next week, at 3pm on Tuesday.
_____

Next time....answer your f*cking emails!!!!!

Laura and others
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Angry  RE: Vent of the Day
Tired of people/businesses nickel-and-diming customers/clients just to make a bigger profit. Greedy bastards. Whether it's banks charging a fee for anything under the sun (oops, you sneezed while making a withdrawal; that'll be 29.99), or diva photographers telling guests at a major family event that they have to *purchase* photos that the host family already paid the guy to take....f*ckitalltohell.

Laura and others Angry
06-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Other/All/Unsure   RE: Vent of the Day
To our CEO at work:

No, you're not the center of the f*cking universe.

Carly Simon Lyrics: "You're So Vain"

Laura and others [Image: 2fingers.gif]
06-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Vent of the Day
(06-08-2012, 09:24 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Tired of people/businesses nickel-and-diming customers/clients just to make a bigger profit. Greedy bastards. Whether it's banks charging a fee for anything under the sun (oops, you sneezed while making a withdrawal; that'll be 29.99), or diva photographers telling guests at a major family event that they have to *purchase* photos that the host family already paid the guy to take....f*ckitalltohell.

Laura and others Angry

Yup, used to be a profit margin in many instances, as opposed to get as much as you can. I've been discouraged by unfolding greed for quite some time. Didn't know about the "diva photographers." Sometimes I feel alienated from the planet. (My sentiments exactly.)
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
(06-01-2012, 12:44 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: [Note: Since I'm so good at venting, I figure that I can dedicate an ongoing thread to it. Feel free to join in. Expect profanity....unspoiled.--Laura and others]

Email chain betweeb us and our interim interim supervisor (don't ask) regarding our regular weekly one-on-one meeting:

_____

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:25 AM
Subject: Reschedule our 1:30pm

Hi, [MDs] --

Not canceling…just hoping to reschedule today's meeting. There's an urgent meeting that [CEO] has asked for around a [Organization]-themed...movie, and I can't miss it…and it's scheduled exactly during our one-on-one!

Can you let me know your availability the next three days (Wed-Fri), so that I can reschedule?

Thanks,
[Supervisor]

_____

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:32 AM
Subject: RE: Reschedule our 1:30pm

Any of those days. Preferably PM. :-P

Thanks,

[MDs]
_____

[Shortly thereafter, we/MDs notice a conflict with the following week's meeting.]

-----Original Appointment-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:15 PM
Subject: New Time Proposed: Update: Weekly chat
When: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:30 PM-2:00 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
Where: [Supervisor]'s 11th floor workspace

There’s a 401(k) workshop from 1:00-2:30. Can we meet from 3pm-3:30 on Tuesday, June 5?

[MDs] 5/29/12

------------------
New Meeting Time Proposed:
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 3:00 PM-3:30 PM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

_____

[Time-lapse as we wait three f*cking days, with steam coming out of our ears Angry , for her to answer.]

Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: New Time Proposed: Update: Weekly chat

You got it, sister! And it appears that, although it wouldn't have been my preference, our weekly one-on-one did, essentially, get cancelled. :-(

But we're on for next week, at 3pm on Tuesday.
_____

Next time....answer your f*cking emails!!!!!

Laura and others

Ah, schedules, or anti-schedules (akin to anti-matter). I like the "you got it sister!". Would have been like waving a red cape in front of me, if you get the picture. Antlers would come in handy.

Tomorrow is 6/14, the last day of the semi-guaranteed window of delivery time. Scheduling on my end.
Got a call that the movers would arrive tomorrow afternoon at 1pm. Okay. Then dispatcher called fm, who didn't call me right away, to say that I should be there at 11 instead. Means I actually have to be there by 9:30am. I want to exterminate before they arrive. I only got part of my arsenal, but it will do for now. FM spent probably a couple of hundred to get the place cleaned, by a good, run-of-the-mill, cleaning crew. It really needed industrial strength. Well, to be real, apt. should be gutted. Oh throw in the building. Now a tenement with a doorman and elevator.

You can't go home again, cause home becomes something else, not that this place was a haven for me, but it was clean and elegant. And, oh gosh, I know what the clothing closets are supposed to look like. FM figured that some larger apts were split into smaller units, so that I don't have anything but a small hall closet, small utility closet, and a pantry closet (where I will put dishes and pots, cause I don't want to use the cabinets. Some features of apt. were misrepresented (like new kitchen, lots of closet space). Sometimes I feel like I'm in a nursing home there. So far, I haven't been able to last more than an hour in the place
It was a beautiful area at one time, even though I've always been a Manhattan person. Building is run down. Had I visited, I wouldn't have gotten past the lobby. Thank goodness I didn't take off in July with no place to go.
I have no idea what I will do next, but I have things to do in NYC now (already have one doc appt.) . Let's see what I can accomplish by next April, deadline for decision. I don't want to be stuck here. Not driven by med. concerns, as I was in Boston. If I sound restless, yes. And, I am uncomfortable in a dirty place. I want to make a Splash in life here. It's like I wish to reclaim my opportunity from 19. I have an apt. I can't stand inhabiting. That should push me into action, like a sliding pond into life. What I fear is hopeless stagnation born of frailty and lack of opportunity/means. At least, I'll get my name changed. Might drop first name altogether and go with the adopted nick and last name. Easier to write, and it's where I am now. Oh boy, I'm old.
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2012, 12:58 AM by tweeter.)
06-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: Vent of the Day
(06-13-2012, 11:41 PM)tweeter Wrote: Yup, used to be a profit margin in many instances, as opposed to get as much as you can. I've been discouraged by unfolding greed for quite some time. Didn't know about the "diva photographers." Sometimes I feel alienated from the planet. (My sentiments exactly.)
tweets

Well, we pacified the diva photographer that we hired at work, although we're not too upset that she won't get paid until next week *snort*.

As for the guy who took the pictures of our niece's event, we're getting a disc from our brother for free. And not only will we make a copy for ourselves, but one for our father and other brother, and one for each of our three cousins.

So, diva photographers:

Laura and others
06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Website Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Vent of the Day
(06-14-2012, 12:52 AM)tweeter Wrote: I want to make a Splash in life here. It's like I wish to reclaim my opportunity from 19. I have an apt. I can't stand inhabiting. That should push me into action, like a sliding pond into life. What I fear is hopeless stagnation born of frailty and lack of opportunity/means. At least, I'll get my name changed. Might drop first name altogether and go with the adopted nick and last name. Easier to write, and it's where I am now. Oh boy, I'm old.
tweeter

We're glad that you're focusing on what you can do to take care of yourself. You're handling it a lot better than we think we could.

Laura, Allegra, and others
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
(06-14-2012, 09:51 PM)MakersDozn Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 11:41 PM)tweeter Wrote: Yup, used to be a profit margin in many instances, as opposed to get as much as you can. I've been discouraged by unfolding greed for quite some time. Didn't know about the "diva photographers." Sometimes I feel alienated from the planet. (My sentiments exactly.)
tweets

Well, we pacified the diva photographer that we hired at work, although we're not too upset that she won't get paid until next week *snort*.

As for the guy who took the pictures of our niece's event, we're getting a disc from our brother for free. And not only will we make a copy for ourselves, but one for our father and other brother, and one for each of our three cousins.

So, diva photographers:

Laura and others

LMFAO! Absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure MM Is A Great Place to Vent (swearing) MakersDozn 0 1,513 08-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Angry Vent of the Day MakersDozn 9 6,531 04-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Angry Vent of the Day MakersDozn 2 2,769 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Angry Vent of the Day MakersDozn 4 6,002 09-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Sad frustrated with self (vent of the day?) mosaic 4 5,274 06-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Last Post: nats