I feel so bad
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  I feel so bad
A long time ago I decided to try setting up a Facebook DID page. Stupid idea. I don't use it but I cannot get rid of it.

I have gone in a few times but since people use it I gave up. Let them have at 'er.

Unfortunately, I was doubly stupid and used my email address on it. Last night a familiar name showed up on a friend request. I was confused but thought it was for the page I locked myself out of. (Yes triple stupid) I explained that the page was no longer used and told her my new one.

She is a friend of a friend and is probably freaked out. She doesn't know how seriously I take confidentiality. I am no longer in contact with that mutual friend. I could try to contact the friend and say "tell her I don't talk about other people's dx". But I don't know if she knows. Poor woman! I don't know what to do.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: I feel so bad
that is really a dilemma. i don't know what i would do either.

is the friend request for the DID group or for you personally? if it is personally, are you interested in having her as a friend on Facebook? if not, you don't have to accept the request. and if you are interested, and accept the request, if she ever brings up the topic of the mutual friend you can politely say you don't talk about other people (forget mentioning diagnoses unless she brings it up).

that's how i am seeing it right now. unfortunately, things are usually a lot more complicated than what you can provide in a post here, and this approach may not be appropriate. as MDs used to say, YMMV.
08-04-2020, 07:20 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: I feel so bad
I have no interest in having her as a friend. I sent her a message explaining that the page she hit was my old email account. I gave her my new one. I will allow her to think she found me in error. Ah well.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-06-2020, 01:25 AM
Find Reply