Update on PDoc challenge
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Update on PDoc challenge
My GP just called. So far he cannot find anyone to work with me. He is not suggesting that I go to the last one but the complexities of my issues make it difficult.

For the ED alone I could be referred to a group. The Ed issues come from the teens. They are sooooo not cooperative group settings. This results in switching and a mess.

Surely to God there are other people with DID and ED. I have met some here. My biggest issue is that too many PDocs don't believe in DID. I am on a disability pension and need a form signed every year to keep the money coming in.

Did you ever feel like you were travelling through planets and ended up on earth by accident?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Find Reply
phoenix22 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Update on PDoc challenge
I'm sorry to read this.
I know I have parts with EDs..parts with phobias and parts that can SI/SH..so yes there are plenty of people with both DID and EDs as well as people with all manner of different MH issues..we are,after all,many people in one body!
I agree with your verdict there appears so few pdocs that believe in DID..as if anyone in their right mind would make this crap up and as if all evidence is wrong..my personal belief on this subject is that this widespread disbelief is due to there being no medication specifically for DID..no Big Pharma making mega bucks out of a MH problem ( and perhaps Pdocs getting some form of recompense for prescribing meds?)
I also think I may have landed on the wrong planet Smile
07-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are pdoc weird The People 1 2,261 02-13-2019, 09:16 AM
Last Post: mosaic
Doing okay PDoc sided with me re T The People 5 4,203 04-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Last Post: The People
Sad Msgs from T and PDoc The People 13 10,247 03-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn