Question aboutold thinga
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  Question aboutold thinga
I will mark this as cautious, not because it is true. Just because some people might b a little disturbed by it. But mostly it is a question.

I just finished watching this movie. Well, miniseries. The main character had some mental abilities that came out when she was really angry. Things moved etc.

Did you ever imagine, as a teen, or at any time, that you had mental powers? Like, if you focused hard enough you could move things with your mind? Not big things.Just little things.

I remember going through this in my teens. I think I knew there was something wrong with my brain and I had this thing where I would have a feeling that something weird would happen and then it would.

Of course, I could never make things happen with my mind. Otherwise my vacuum cleaner would be scooting around while I write this. But I would try so hard. I don't know why I thought I had this power. I never watched sci-fi or even read it. Well, maybe a little stuff. I don't know where the idea came from but I sure would try.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-25-2020, 01:29 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Question aboutold thinga
that is interesting. i dont think i ever imagined anything like that.

this is totally different, but when i was a teenager the book Sybil came out. i learned about the book when the author appeared on a daytime talk show. I got the book and read it and it was so ... let's just say it felt familiar. especially in the ending chapter where she is more able to hear her parts as she interacted in the world and she didn't lose time. That felt SO familiar to me.

at the time i didn't go much further in terms of what i thought it meant. once i got the diagnosis it all sort of made more sense.
05-25-2020, 08:32 AM
Find Reply
phoenix22 Offline

Threads: 2
When younger I too had the thoughts about being able to use telekinesis .
I wonder if those of us with DID are more in touch with parts of the mind normally "silent"?
05-25-2020, 01:50 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Phoenix 22 there has been writing about how the average person only uses 5% of the brain I don't know if we all use the same section or we have different skills because we have different parts of the brain. Multies are supposedly using more of their brains. I do know that I have 'skills'. I have dreamed only for it to come true. I am highly intuitive. I know that is such a common statement of late but I am. I can almost see an aura.

Mosaic, I remember watching Sybil but was mostly drawn to the mean mother. I was actually in H when I was introduced to When Rabbit Howls. There was another multie on the floor. We took the book out of the library and one of the Guardians returned it as they knew we weren't ready.
06-08-2020, 03:15 AM
Find Reply
phoenix22 Offline

Threads: 2
I too have or had dreams that then come true and can often just "know" something.
I read When Rabbit Howls before fully understanding my own DID but all the way through I believe the Guardians were sending out warnings..the awful sensations I was experiencing became overwhelming at times.
My take on DID is a strange one..I believe we exist on many levels and some parts are from other levels ( speaking obviously only for my own mind ) I know I have many parts that appear to be either animal or mythical and I honestly think this is the case with them.
My belief is that so many,if not all,cultures around the world have similar stories of fairies,elves,of unicorns and dragons,of wood sprites and water nymphs that at some deep level humans know this to be true. I think we with DID can sometimes access these levels.
Just my thoughts Smile
06-09-2020, 07:48 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

We live in a Castle which for us came from a Canadian childhood TV show. Mr. Dressup. However, the castle is differently designed and due to our numbers, it is bigger. Sometimes a dragon will fly over it. His purpose has always been to keep guard or act as a warning. He isn't always visible to us.
06-09-2020, 01:17 PM
Find Reply