Our issues with the NT...CHR
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Our issues with the NT...CHR
I don’t really feel like I can say this outside of a DID community. But does anyone else feel like the NT waters down the justice focus of the OT? Like suddenly Jesus is saying if someone takes your coat give him more of your clothes etc. I’ve always struggled to get my head around the idea that the same God who inspired Jeremiah inspired the NT! Is the NT conveying that injustice will no longer be paid back?

The Story of the Exile always gave us hope when we were living with our ab*s*rz. We grabbed onto the idea that G*d only lets injustice go on so long and then He steps in and says enough is enough.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
04-08-2020, 03:39 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Our issues with the NT...CHR
My take? (And I have spiritual advisors who know the bible at a much better level than I do)

God brought his people through some very difficult times. He did this in many different ways. Some of them were very harsh. However, he finally realized that he needed a different approach. So he sent his only begotten son to bring about change. Jesus' way was gentler and kinder but with the same message. If we are to get through this life we must love one another as I have loved you.

It is like when an earth father suddenly realizes that things are just wrong in his household. He finally steps in and said, "Thiinsare going to be different." I ooe you too much to allow things to go on in this way.

A rather simplistic way of explaining my erspective but it is the best that I can do.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We realized after we wrote this that it’s possible that your system might have had the opposite questions to ours. Many people appear to struggle most with the OT image of God. We have the opposite issue ( which is why this one of our hidden issues. Most Christians would probably think we were crazy or at least a few fries short of a happy meal).

Anyway, I’m glad you guys found a theology that works for you to explain it. For is, I think that explanation raises more questions than it answers like Doesn’t that put human limitations on God? Saying that God came to realize something seems to imply he didn’t know before. I’m sure eventually God will show us a theology that fits pieces together in a way that helps our story make sense. He has done that on different issues like healing before.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2020, 05:19 AM by dreamers.)
04-10-2020, 04:12 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
KA wants you to know that she stole your fries.

MT to follow Red Dot

Our red dot history happened within the RC. Talk about messing up one's spiritual dilemas. Two argues with God all the time. She demands to know why he wasn't there for us. Whyhe never saved us. And on and on but we would have to take it to another board. We bigs struggle with that as well though. Many of us believe that God does exists. He has just never been there for us. So anything that was said above, take it with a grain of salt on your french fries.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-14-2020, 02:04 AM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
The OT is very orderly with a lot of rules and consequences for breaking them and God is very active in keeping the rules on earth. it is easier to understand than the NT. That makes sense to me.

The NT talks a lot about justice but in different ways like the beattitudes and how Jesus is kind the lowest people in society like lepers and heals people. Jesus intervenes and brings justice to people.

It's two different types of justice. In the OT God intervenes and punishes people or stops them from doing bad things. In the NT Jesus doesn't punish people, but he helps people. He helps all the people no one ever wants to help like sick people and poor people. That's justice too.

i don't think jesus says you got to be okay with people stealing things and being mean and hurting people on purpose. He also got so mad mad mad at the pharasees and saducees and other people for being mean and treating people very bad and not following their own rules or God's rules. God did have a lot of rules about being kind to others and not stealing or hurting people. Jesus does yell at people doing very bad things sometimes in the NT. Jesus sticks up for people who are hurting and shows people how not to be the same as their abusers.

Bad people like abusers do use the NT and Jesus and God and twist them to make it sound okay they can do bad things and hurt people. I know a lot of people who do struggle with NT and religion becos of this. I think Jesus would get very mad at that and yell at them if he saw that. I think God will judge them harshly. It is wrong to use God's word like this. Jesus did NEVER say it is okay to go around hurting people and taking their things! NEVER EVER! He got mad at people who were abusive. Abusers are like the pharasees and the saducees. They make up all their own rules that are not God's law.

The NT also has Revelation where God steps in again and gets rid of all the bad people and keeps the good ones and heals the earth but its also scary i don't really like the scary parts but I think in the end whatever that is God sorts it out. That is what the bigs say. God is the ultimate judge he will sort it out. Maybe not as fast as I want tho I have to say.

byby
sidra
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
04-25-2020, 03:03 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger project hit a wall big wall chr dreamers 1 3,271 06-21-2018, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Cammy
May trigger chr need to talk about stuff and gots a qwestion dreamers 8 7,795 11-26-2016, 04:09 AM
Last Post: The People
  chr saying that annoys us ( ref to memories a bit) dreamers 2 3,785 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Last Post: nats
May trigger tired chr dreamers 0 2,186 01-21-2014, 05:49 AM
Last Post: dreamers
May trigger feeling stuck (CHR) dreamers 4 5,539 06-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Last Post: The People