Scared and confused
Creature Offline

Threads: 1
Scared and confused
Hi,

I’m newly diagnosed. I’ve been trying to read and learn but everything is confusing. I don’t think I understand what I’m supposed to do. I haven’t met any alters. My therapist has, she says. I haven’t slept in days and I can’t concentrate. I just feel like I’m doing something wrong.
02-24-2020, 08:10 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Scared and confused
Welcome to MM Creature. It doesn't sound to me as if you have done anything wrong. A new diagnosis is scary. Especially when you haven't met any alters yet.
Everyone here has found out in a different way. I spent a long time in therapy before I figured out on my own that I have DID. I remember one thing that my therapist stated when my diagnosis was formalized by a psychiatrist. She told me that I was the same person after the dx as I was before the dx. DX is short for diagnosis.

I didn't become Maniac. I actually had more self-control than I ever did. A bit of advice would be to stop reading for a while. And most of us agree that watching shows like Criminal Minds is a bad idea as they present us as being very sick people. Us folks with DID are mostly at risk to ourselves. As well, just as no two people with bipolar are alike, no 2 people with DID are alike.

If your therapist has met some altars, do you trust her? Maybe not 100% but at least 50%? Trust doesn't come easy for us but we are lucky to have a wonderful T that we do trust.

Perhaps you could try 2 things. Journalling and drawing. And leave them in an open but safe place so that, if you do have alters, they might introduce themselves to you. While you are waiting you can journal and draw about how you are feeling.

You should be very proud of yourself for reaching out. The people who come here are very gentle and trustworthy. I hope that you keep coming back.

One question. Do you feel that this T has experience with DID? Have you asked her? Experience and acceptance are huge! I hope to see you again!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-24-2020, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
hello Creature. welcome to mosaic minds. The People said some really good and important things. it is an adjustment when newly diagnosed.

there really isn't anything you are "supposed" to do. be open to learning about your system but don't try to force anything.

as one of the MM admins i will activate your account so you can post on the other boards. hope to see you there soon!
02-25-2020, 08:21 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Creature you comin bak somtime? It get quite here somtimes but the more we tok the more peoples com bak. Mosaic study in skool. you hav litels? I am Two.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-22-2020, 05:08 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello...confused Cammy 6 6,477 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Last Post: nats
  Feeling unsure and scared here Deee6 3 4,402 07-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Deee6