Rejected by Daniel
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Angry  Rejected by Daniel
We are so angry we Daniel. We have an invention idea and he thinks it’s stupid and he said he won’t help at all. I think he thinks that by not helping he is going to protect us from failure. Well, all he did was push us away and make us more determined. He will only make it harder but not stop us.

A T told us once that every success has to be rejected s certain number of times first. So, I guess the first one is checked off. It hurts because it’s him but it’s his choice. At this point, we are avoiding him until the anger cools off because right now we would likely say something that we would regret later. It’s the first time in 9 years that we don’t want to talk to him.

If it was just that he doesn’t want to put money in it that would be fine but “ I won’t help at all” even with starting kick starter or filling out grant applications etc is just beyond the pail. We keep starting to cry.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
05-29-2019, 11:41 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Rejected by Daniel
so sorry dreamers. it's wise to take some time away until you cool down. we can't pretend to understand the situation, but we do know that people can love us but not feel willing/able to help us every time we want them to. hope you guys can work it out.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
OMG dreamers! You have an invention! That's so amazing. I'm so desperate to know what it is. (just putting that out there)
I'm totally excited for you. I hope Daniel comes around and gets excited about it to. Was it the first time you told him about it? Maybe he needs some time to think? I totally get you've been crying, the handful of really significant people in my life think that me pursuing art is stupid and sometimes I cry to.
I really am totally exited for you, my head comes up with inventions all the time but I usually forget them.
Good luck with Daniel
05-29-2019, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

I think if it were only this or that aspect he was saying no to it be fine. It’s just the “ I think it’s stupid and I want nothing to do with it ever” that has us steamed. Because it will take ages, so it not like something that we expect him to drop stuff right now and it could be a way for us to get off state disability.

Our idea is a water bottle to help kids when they go camping with scouts or family and get lost. Right now, rangers teach kids “ just wait and rescuers will bring you water “ which only gives them 3 days maximum to find a lost kid. A bottle that would address the reasons why they teach that could multiply that by 5 to 7 times

Since we have motor skills that closely match those of small kids and sometimes have to think “how would a child do this?” If we are having trouble doing a physical task and because we have innerkids and have been drawn to the academic subject of survival skills since age 6, we feel like maybe creating survival gear for kids is part of our calling and it hurts to not have Daniels support .
Thanks for listening nats

-unknown
05-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

It’s not an invention yet it’s just an idea so far and it might just stay an idea. We don’t have a prototype yet or the funds to get one made. Thanks for your excitement five of hearts we don’t mean to sound frustrated. It’s not you. It’s just we just found out that you need a prototype for Kickstarter which is silly. How do you raise funds to build something if you have to built it first? We have another idea too. For a teddy bear with special features maybe it would be easier to start with that.

-unknown
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 11:53 PM by dreamers.)
05-29-2019, 08:42 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
It seems like Daniel has been knocking you down a lot. First about the religion and now about this. Is there something behind this? Is he wanting to push you away and these are reasons for it? Someone else mentioned taking a time out before trying to talk with him about it. Sorry you are going through this.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-30-2019, 01:03 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Where do i even begin?

Survival! Are you kidding me! My first job out of school was trainee guide with an outdoor adventure company, I've been doing that stuff since I started school.

"part of our calling"! That's huge!!!!! Did you say that to Daniel? as for getting off disability. I don't even have enough exclamation marks. Independence! Self determination! Freedom! I think you're amazing, so many people don't even try with just a fraction of your hurdles.

You could crowd fund for prototype then go kickstarter.

May I ask, is it the bottle's a stupid idea or the idea of you doing it is stupid?

I'm super curious about this bottle now.

(Tongue in cheek) would the bear help with bear encounters?

I think your on the money about taking a little time before approaching again. I wish I could help with how your feeling.

Daniels going to have his reason's. It's possible you may not fully know what they are yet.

Perhaps demonstrating that you're prepared for failure might help.
05-30-2019, 05:27 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Daniel has always had religious issues. I don’t know why he asked then didn’t want an answer. We think he might have alters that he is unaware of because first off his mother was our “ dad” and second sometimes he treats us so differently that it feels like it’s not him. Maybe he has an alter who blames him for stuff in his past and wants to ruin friendships or something.

He said that he is worried about the legal implications like if some kid uses the bottle incorrectly and gets s*ck or d*es because the water doesn’t get properly filtered. And he thinks it’s not cost effective

He was nicer once he listened long enough to know we weren’t asking for a loan.

5 of hearts, do you know about the Hug a tree curriculum? I agree with most of what they say except the bit about “ just wait and make yourself big and we will bring you water” and the bit about never moving because if you notice that there’s bees in the tree you chose for example it’s best not to be doing your best Winnie the Pooh impression. Don’t get into an argument with the bees over whose tree it is just find something to make an arrow with for searchers to follow and move to a new tree.

Also, it’s easy to collect water from trees and plants with clear plastic bags it takes ages but if you are just waiting anyway...

The bottle design tries to address all of the reasons they list when they say just wait. Obviously, it’s not a protected idea yet and the internet is a public place... it’s not personal I am just not sure how specific I should get about features because anyone could be reading this even if aren’t a member of mm. That’s the other thing I don’t know if we need a patent before we fund raise

-unknown
05-30-2019, 08:21 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

I'm glad to hear Danial's reaction was just to do with misunderstanding and jumping to conclusions.

I honestly have no idea why Danial would ask and not want an answer. I used to have issues with religion, but I've put them aside realizing it was people I had the issue with. He could just be worried about you.

Yeah, I know the hug a tree thing, it started after that kid in San Diego if i'm right.

Disclaimer. Don't take any legal or business advice from me, I have no idea. Now that's out of the way

There's already filter bottles on the market for kids (life straw is one), could be interesting to see what there take on liability is. If you'r using filter technology that already exists and has already been deemed safe then liability may not be that much of a concern.

It's wise to keep your design close to you chest. Fundraising involves advertising what it is your fundraising for, so you may want to protect your idea before you do that. Contrary to that, bouncing your idea off other people is a good thing but as you said probably not on a public forum.

By cost effective I'm guessing you mean profitable? Having an adult version could open a another facet of the outdoor gear market. If what you have is compatible with the hug a tree program they might even put their branding on it or endorse it.

I'm doing a small business course one night a week at evening school at the moment. The main things I've taken away from that so far have been.
cover your *ss
have an exit plan
the first thing you need after the idea is a marketing plan (no point making a prototype only to find out there's no market for such a thing)
05-31-2019, 12:12 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Yeah my idea is different than other survival bottles because it deals with the other concerns rather than just filtering like kid specific concerns and well to be honest ones that could come up for disabled people too ( like me) and elderly or even just getting older but still in fairly good shape. Like the concern that kids could fall into a water source. Usually bottles for adults and even more experienced kids don’t worry about that. My thought when the idea came to me was the little kids on their first or second trip with scouts not kids that are about to be Eagle Scout.

Like if someone like me had to bug out getting water from the wheelchair or using crutches would mean asking someone and hoping they don’t just abscond with your bottle.. we think we found a solution for that.

Also, we know just from Daniel getting um misplaced for lack of a better word, they put him on a different airline and he had no way to call us, how much kids and littles want to just keep moving and looking even if that would make things worse when they are scared because of being separated. So, our bottle design has a distraction built in to help kids stay put.

So, yes our whole thought process was to supplement the Hug a tree and wait idea by addressing the risks they bring up. And hopefully make things easier for kids who might have something happen just as they are starting learning camping skills.

Good idea, I will see if I can find an email address to email them about it

-unknown
05-31-2019, 03:19 PM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Sounds like you've got something going there. I remember getting lost/separated in 3rd grade on a school excursion to a natural history museum, biggest one in the country. I was honesty terrified.
06-02-2019, 02:39 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Daniel MT dreamers 1 1,606 02-15-2020, 05:53 AM
Last Post: The People