MP TV show coming up
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
News/Information  MP TV show coming up
A TV show about a woman with MP is coming up tomorrow night on my local free to air TV.
The preview I saw seems to suggest validating science.

(Hi, if you'r a part of this community i hope you'r OK with me putting this show about you here)

online sneak preview here
-----watching this MT-----
http://www.9now.com.au/60-minutes
it's the one called Jeni's Army.

not sure if they live streem or not, but they do archive old episodes on line at same place.
05-25-2019, 02:55 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: MP TV show coming up
apparently can't access 9now from UK and don't have a VPN set up. Let us know how it is Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-25-2019, 04:30 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

(05-25-2019, 04:30 AM)nats Wrote: apparently can't access 9now from UK and don't have a VPN set up. Let us know how it is Smile

Try this, don't need an account
 -----MT-----

http://m.facebook.com/60Minutes9/videos
05-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I don't know if it is the same as the multi-part series that I saw. That one was on during the winter. It was weird to watch her switch. She had about 7 alters. She called them parts. We don't like that. We are not a car.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
I tried the link you gave, but it doesn't link to the full story, just "sneak peeks"... too bad it looked very interesting.
05-26-2019, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Yeah, the Facebook one is sneak peak, the first one is full story. I haven't seen it yet
05-27-2019, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

OK so I watched it last night.

Turns out no validating science, but it was validating journalism. The following things were communicated as given: MP is accepted as real. That switching can be seen on EEG and is scientifically accepted and proven as real. That not accepting DID as real is a thing of the past. That it is a trauma response. It is accepted that alters are just as real as anyone else.

That was the overall tone, by (arguably) the most serious, professional and respected journalists in Australia. IMO that's saying something.

But that's not what the show was about.

It was about one woman's journey.

The significant thing was that a New South Wales court allowed her to stand in a witness box and give evidence whilst switching and the court accepted that is what was happening, and set a precedent that alters can front in court and give evidence as themselves and be accepted.
05-28-2019, 01:06 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

that's actually an amazing level of external acceptance. can't imagine that happening here in UK. will definitely try to find and watch it.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Yeah, it is.

It's one of the most watched programs in Australia so a lot of people will have been influenced by it.

The senior investigating officer was also interviewed and he to was completely accepting.
05-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

i was able to look up 60 Minutes Australia on youtube and view the episode there. very interesting. especially that her alters were able to remember such detailed accounts... something i wish i had access to is memory of at least some of those aspects of my youth... it's hard sometimes to accept "us" when i don't have memories of why there's an "us".
05-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

do you not? thought we were the only ones!
05-29-2019, 11:34 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

nats, i have a collage of images, episodic memories of seeing it happen to siblings and second-hand accounts from siblings seeing it happen to me...

so i know SOMETHING happened... but it never seems connected.

i guess i remember something, just not details...
05-29-2019, 07:03 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

i have clustered collages of painful images/feelings around certain generally avoidable activities, but anyone who could corroborate is dead or long gone. don't know what to call it.
05-30-2019, 03:23 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  you woch this show? The People 4 2,924 01-16-2020, 03:53 AM
Last Post: The People
  what's coming up for me mosaic 8 4,797 08-30-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Collectively US