When we switch
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   When we switch
We are watching this show on A&E about the many aspects of Jane. Something like that.

It is weird. We see her different selves come out. There is some facial changes and change of voice when little ones come out.

It suddenly dawned on us that we assume that T see us like we do from inside when we switch. Weird.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-16-2019, 09:52 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: When we switch
it is strange to contemplate what others see when switching happens. my daughter described the differences she saw when things were more active. it was weird
02-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Kids notice more thaan adults IMO. Once a friend's son who was about 6-7 said to his Mom "I like () she is sort of like a kid and sort of not.
02-17-2019, 11:26 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
i started watching the many sides of Jane.

we never had the headaches when switching - it was more fluid for us. do you have headaches when you switch?
02-19-2019, 12:15 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I remember long before dx. We were in H. We would get a stabbing headache and buzz for Tylenol. By the time it arrived the headaches would be gone. We just took the Tylenol because the nurses would just get mad. Well, we figured they would. We didn't understand them.

I do remember about 2 years before T. We had started to have nightmares. One night we were sleeping ad suddenly it felt like there was a bright light and it was like we were hit in the head with a baseball bat. We have never known what it was.
02-21-2019, 06:54 AM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

Threads: 9
When we switch it can be fluid for some but each one has a tell. We do get headaches that nothing touches. Was told headaches are due to processing the info shared. Sometimes we get chest pains that are the ones with anxiety, shoulders slump, or bodyshakes. Headaches are very common for us the more we switch the more we have the more emotional the more head hurts
02-23-2019, 05:28 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Funny how we are all different.
02-23-2019, 07:39 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

Yes I have a friend in 3d that is constantly switching like fluid one always had to pay attention just so you would know who was talking. Interesting things about them was that all personalities were mostly male very little females and their names were selected from fictional movies. I found it strange at first their fluidity in switching was a bit scary as I am able to control it most of the time. But we had fun with them it allowed us to be who we are.
02-24-2019, 05:07 AM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

What about subtle switches or switches where due to a situation where the host is "compromised" do others step in that can pretend to be the host? That sometimes happens with me...there are certain ones that can pull me off very well to deal with the situation at hand when I am over whelmed by what is going on.
02-24-2019, 05:13 AM
Find Reply