just saying hi
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
just saying hi
nothing much exciting is going on. still doing my work as a t, but still not making any money at it. people want to use their insurance (which is understandable) but insurance doesn't pay much.

my regular fee is on the low end of what is usually charged in the area, but still more than an insurance copay would be.

sigh. i love what i do. i just wish i could earn a little money. i pay my bills (office rent, phone, etc) and that is all.
09-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: just saying hi
Could you share an office with someone in the same boat? Own phones but the rest is shared.. I went to an office for several years. There were several TS in there. Many had 2 jobs but not all. They shared a space and because there were a lot of them, a part time receptionist. It worked well. And if there were just 2 of you hours could be staggered so you didn't have clients seeing each other.

And actually my present t is part time. Her room is shared with another T and some others share other rooms. There is at least 1 massage therapist and a few others. It is an old house that was rezoned. She has a noise maker outside her door so voices don't carry.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-13-2018, 02:29 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
sharing an office is an option - just haven't found anyone who wants to share...
09-14-2018, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
In Canada they have lists of therapists. In a magazine or somewhere. I found a T there. Do you have such a magazine or web site? Or could you post on a bulletin board at school? People wanting to work in private practice are often looking fir someone to share expenses.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-15-2018, 02:42 AM
Find Reply