summer
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
May trigger  summer
We hate the f*ck*ng summer. When we are a famous author we plan to have a house in the southern hemisphere just to avoid it.( like one here and one there so we jump sides when hot weather comes.) Hot weather triggers the body to sleep all damn day and be up at night. Think I'll go inside until September... trouble is my whole system feels the same. Wake me when it's fall please.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2017, 10:03 PM by dreamers.)
07-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: summer
Love the quotes. Agree with you on the heat. Spiraling upward here this week.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-03-2017, 06:19 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
hi dreamers I second that notion the heat is unbearable here sitting here with fan buzzing in my ear as I type on my computer .. whew ..I know how frosty felt when he went in side ..im melting jp
07-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
you all need to live in England. there's really no such thing as proper heat here...
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi dreamers: I was a professional fire fighter for thirty years. At one call I got a severe heat exposure injury that put me in CCU for a week. Now the part of my brain that is responsible for regulating body temperature doesn't work as well as it should, especially in the heat. I absolutely hate the heat because it literally makes me sick, and it only takes a few minutes exposure for me to be overcome by it. I have to have AC in the house and in my car or I am doomed. The heat in general is not my friend, and I am definitely a Spring and Autumn person - my favourite times of year. So, I hear you on the whole heat thing. My idea of the perfect climate is something that is tepid, rains every other night, and the sky is always partially cloudy during the day. Fussy r us.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-16-2017, 02:13 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

you would love the UK Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

nats: You are SO right. I've visited Victoria here in Canada where it is gloomy and rainy a LOT, and I absolutely THRIVED there. Apparently their weather is very similar to the UK which is why so many people from the UK live there. I love, love, love the rain and just can't get enough of it. Most people get depressed and fed up with it, but not me.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

we'd totally swap with you. you can have our rain and we'll take your high temperatures Smile
07-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Great nats , that's a deal!
Heart
07-29-2017, 02:10 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
great can we get in on this trade please? I would take the south pole over this. Actually, I have always been magnetically drawn to extremely cold places like curiosity wise. When we were 6 we say a movie with the Iditarod and without thinking, we said we wanted to do it. Of course, at the age of 6 we didn't know our chair would make it impossible Sad

We do hope to eventually be the first disabled person to "walk" among penguins in the Antartic ( there's something called a sit-ski we could use and national geographic has trips where people get to get on shore. A firefighter has volunteered to be my care-aide for the trip. I just need stronger arms and money lots of money

Sir Robert Scott is one of our heroes (my littles don't know he didn't come home).

The Nome serum run is another of our favorite stories. We want to get a mini-huskey and name it Balto Smile
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
07-31-2017, 07:04 AM
Find Reply