Therapist Is Leaving
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Therapist Is Leaving
I've kind of disappeared, I'm sorry. Met with the new therapist this week and I think I like her. She had experience in DID which is really good. It also feels really good to start therapy where I have a diagnosis and it's not about trying to figure out a diagnosis. She just treats me like I have DID, like I'm not making it up at all.
07-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
that sounds so encouraging Shadows. very hopeful that it will work out well for you and that you can start back on your healing process.
07-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

I am hopeful too, mosaic. I hope it works out. She is very kind, which actually is really hard for us to understand. But we are trying to deal with it, because it seems like hat is actually a really good trait.

If she were mean, we would know how to deal with that based on our life experiences.
07-23-2017, 01:07 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
hi shadows thanks for making those 2 good points I feel much more relieved once I find a T now referrring to what u said about not having to figure out a diagnosis ..also what u said about u trying to get used to her being nice that if she was mean u would know how to respond to her cuz of your life experiences ..its funny cuz I finally found a really nice primary care dr who will also be my cardiologist and give me all my psych meds and an other meds I need ..I was really shocked after a few times of meeting him I thought I was splitting and dreaming this cuz he is so laid back and nice he is from Greece ha ha probably y he is so nice. ... how d d the T ask ? s they all approach it differently ...did she ask about the past or about the present today now how u r doing .. did she talk about merging the personalities in the future or did she talk abouge them all together and be whole but that's hard not always possible thanks just peachy t co consciousness if it were me I would love to mer
07-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

sorry should have checked for typos did she say anything about co concoiusness with all the alters shadows I was trying to say did the therapist talk about merging the alters all together in to one personality in the future which is what I would love to do with my alters merge them into one and be one whole personality ...co consciousness is harder I think cuz u daily have to communicate with them together to work with u shadows to get along with each other and make things work out in the system so everyone is happy and complete.. jp
07-23-2017, 04:24 PM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Just peachy, I'm sorry it took me so long to write.

She talked to one of the younger ones. I heard it on the recording I make, so I know it happened. The younger one was worried about the new therapist making her go away, and she said that she didn't want anyone to go away, just to help us all get along better.

I'm secretly suspicious because I think eventually she will talk about integration but it feels good right now that I don't have to make any decisions about that.
07-28-2017, 08:21 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

hi shadows thank you for answering my questions about your 1st therapy session...what a cool idea I never thought about that the taping the session of the alters ...recording their voices of the little ones talking so like you said so you can hear them and know that it is real ....can I ask you a few questions cuz I am trying to find a therapist with experience in did I have had no luck in the UNITED STATES ..where I live ..1st of all how did you find a therapist with did experience. ?..where did you look for her ? what kind of ? s did you ask her ? was it on the phone ?or did you email her the ? s how did you record the session ? was it recorded with like one of those mini audio recorders? or did you record the audio recording with like a fancy I PHONE? did you have it out visibly in the open recording ? or did you hide in your pocket recording ?.. did the therapist know you were recording the session ? did she willing ly allow it ? I know this is a lot of ? s to ask I hope you don't mind answering them ,take your time answering them ..I know you work in a job so no worries about answering them quickly ,I understand and am grateful for any input thank you just peachy
08-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

hi shadows one more thing I would be very leary if you shadows are feeling pushed too quickly to make a decision too quickly about merging your alters too fast or if you decided to go with co consciousness with your alters ...I am mentioning this cuz I have read many books on did where a therapist push es too fast to merge alters and the patient is not ready to do it yet it ends in disaster for the patient cuz they end up more messed up then when they started cuz of a therapist saying they know what to do ,when in fact there not as knowledgeable as they thought they were ..I in the long run the alters hide inside the person pretending that they are merging and gone for fear that they would be killed once they are merged.. I was on a different group did years ago and this was the case also with some of the did members that tried to soon with therapists too merge only to be disappointed later for the set back ....yet others talked of merging with therapists at a slower pace and were more successful . to each his own just peachy .
08-11-2017, 03:04 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Hi just peachy ... I found her through a recommendation from my previous therapist. She has a PTSD specialty but has also worked with DID.

The questions I asked her beforehand were the ones that are in the Dissociative Identity Disorder Sourcebook by Deborah Haddock. Basically, I just asked what her experience was working with DID and how long she had worked with dissociative clients and what her opinions were on parts showing up in therapy.

I use my iphone to record and I asked beforehand if it was okay. The phone was out in the open, so it wasn't a secret at all.

I hope that is helpful.
08-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

hi shadows the info is very helpful ...I read some parts of that book by Deborah haddock I got it from the library I will get it again it had some good resources ...my experiences with therapists and psych drs has not been very successful ..I t seems as though the more honest , direct and straightforward I am with counselors and psych dr s the worst it is for me ..the more of a disadvantage it is to me ...yet it is kind of funny that the exact opposite worked in your favor with a therapist...the approach that you chose direct honest and straightforward actually was successful to you ...none the less I will keep searching and not give up ...I am so tired of living in a state of overwhelm ... thanks a bunch just peachy
08-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
maybe in some ways honesty is a good test, at least with Ts. if it works, they are people you can progress with and if it doesn't work, they are probably not.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
08-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New therapist! FreyasSpirit 1 2,584 04-14-2016, 03:25 AM
Last Post: nats
May trigger T is leaving argent 6 4,810 04-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: The People
  How to Find the Right Therapist iylahsek 5 4,309 05-25-2014, 02:37 AM
Last Post: nats
Doing okay new therapist Reilly 11 7,876 08-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Reilly