organizing a mission trip to uk
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
organizing a mission trip to uk
I have to do a 5-10 week mission trip for school. So, my idea is to help dan and Jill. Step 1: get appropreate permission from UK government and or US embassy or maybe military base ( ours). Maybe see about working with/ at a dental school.

2. recruit dental surgery team

3. fundraise fundraise and more fundraising

4. set up hippa complient website where anyone who has been waiting over a yr can apply for treatment from my group

5. get visas and plane tickets and insurance ( travel,malpractice)

6 arrange hotel

any steps I left out? please don't say " it's impossible". I know it is luckily God is good at impossible stuff. I think he has a PHD in impossible. So, yes I know I can't but if God wants he can. Saying that is a bit like pointing out to a penguin it can't fly. Too many reminders will cause me to lose focus on the one who can. Other input is welcome. Thanks
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
03-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: organizing a mission trip to uk
I am curious dreamers, are the recipients of your care to be UK citizens? Or are you planning to go to a third world country to provide free dental care? Just asking. I know that the Brits are historically known for having horrific teeth (LOL), but I would suspect with their national health plan they have access to dental care. Or, have you identified a segment of the population that has no such access? It would certainly be nice for someone to help them. I am interested in learning more details of your plan.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
well, brexit may destroy us but we're not yet 'third world'. don't honestly have a clue whether your proposal would work dreamers. guess there is one way to find out!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-27-2017, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Nats what is dental service like for people on low or no income? People who are on AISH (Income for people with significant disabilities) have dental care but don't get cleaning. Some people have no dental care even if they have a low income. So while there are other countries that would benefit more there may be people who would benefit from it. However, I cannot see dentists giving up their time to go to a first world country. Perhaps you could find a way to hook up with dentists already there dreamer. Good luck.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-29-2017, 02:53 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

we have subsidised dental care through the national health service. it's the same quality as private but much cheaper. cleanings aren't subsidised and i'm sure a lot of people skip them anyway. at least, dental care here is much cheaper than in the US. we still don't trust dental care here, but that seems to be our own issues. you're right People that it's unlikely it would be legal to bring overseas dentists to provide services here, so dreamers is probably planning to work with local dentists.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-29-2017, 05:19 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I was discussing the cost of dental care in Canada as compared to the U.S. This person I spoke to and many of her friends go to the US to get their dental work done because it is much cheaper. In fact, there are a bunch of US dentists who set up a clinic in Mexico. They even have a bus on the US side of the border that collects their patients and brings them across the border to the clinic. And their work is really good. I have a dental plan, but it is so bad that I cannot afford dental care. From what I understand, dental work in Canada is VERY expensive for some reason.

I was thinking a bit more about dreamers' plan. Immigration in the UK is going to require a work study done to determine if this mission is actually able to be done by their own people. The work study is usually what stops non-citizens from performing work that can be done by their own citizens. They see it as taking jobs away from their own people. I would think that targeting a third world country would be easier as far as paperwork goes, because there is a heap of hoops to jump through to get work visas for an endeavour in a first world country where the service is already offered. Now, a country like Haiti, who is extremely poor and never recovered from the hurricane that devastated them years ago, LOVES free services. Their people can barely get the most basic medical care, and I'll bet they'd be much more welcoming for this type of venture. Plus, these people REALLY need any help they can get. It is a pitiful situation there and certainly worthy of any assistance. Just a thought.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

there are channels for getting permisions that we are exploring but yes without that it would be illegal. I am currently emailing groups that do this sort of thing in third world places since they have experience getting permission from governments, to help me navigate that process.

yes my idea was uk citezens who have been on the waiting list for at least a year. It's a huge list, according the telegraph 30,000 in Cornwall alone.

My parents ( by convenant: official in the Lord's eyes not in the legal systems) are in Devon. Jane ( our " step mom") has been waiting for dentures, living on soup and mashed potatoes for a year and 2 months.

-unknown
05-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

nats: how should we be praying for the election? i tried to ask Dad but the question confused him. We are more concerned for you guys than our country atm. ours is a bit like the titanic at the moment. Praying for it just feels like rearranging the deck chairs... we just want out before it sinks... so yeah what are the concerns for the election?
Lizzy with dreamers

-unknown
05-05-2017, 08:05 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

May trigger  RE: organizing a mission trip to uk
hi dreamers: we really appreciate your concern. the situation here is not good and your dad is right that it's confusing. if you want to pray for something that would benefit the most people and cause the least harm, pray that we don't leave the eu and that mrs may and her conservatives lose power. they are hurting too many people.
05-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

ok thanks daddy is not chr so asking him what to pray for just confuses him but yes thats what we meant. People should just write Daniel's name in. if he does good with kids he would do good with leading a country.( i am playing but only because attention from strangers triggers daniel big time. we really do think he would do good st it.

-unknown
05-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photos from our trip yay! The Warren 2 3,270 08-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn