Paranormal activity
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Paranormal activity
We have noticed over the years that a lot of "strange happenings" occur around us.  This has been stepped up since marrying another multiple. I won't go into details, as I don't want to frighten anyone, plus there's the problem of truly being believed because a lot of this is fantastical by any standards.  I would like to note that I am an EXTREME skeptic when it comes to this sort of thing, so I am not prone to imagining things. Plus, I always make sure now that I grab a witness to see what it is I am seeing or hear what it is I am hearing, and the other person experiences the same thing as I do.  This eliminates the possibility that these things are being created within my own mind, such as a hallucination.  I finally consulted a priest in the family who is experienced with this sort of thing, and his assessment of the situation was absolute - we are indeed experiencing paranormal activity.

My question is this: Do any other multiples out there seem to find that they experience more paranormal activity than what the bulk of the population experiences? I've been going through this since a child, and nothing has yet frightened me. Whatever it is, it is not malicious, but it is fantastical some of the things I have witnessed and that others have witnessed with me. Anyone else?
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

RE: Paranormal activity
We've had a lot more íncidents around the house... again.  Has No One had any of this happen to them or is it just us?
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2016, 12:49 AM by Cammy.)
11-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I guess it depends on what you mean by paranormal activity. Those words make us think of people from another planet.

We have had sp experience and other things one might hear about in paranormal activity. knowing my dead mother is visiting because we smell her cigarettes. knowing that something is wrong before knowing what it is. (That started in high school). It has eased up over the years.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-26-2016, 03:59 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agreeing with People. depends how you define paranormal. we tend to think of a lot of things as normal that others might not..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
12-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Okay, here are a few of the things that my husband has witnessed with me:

1. A tall dark form of a person walk past me on the couch in the TV room and go into the hallway and disappear

2. A male voice calling first my husband's name and then mine. Neither of us recognize who the person is

3. After parking the car in the garage and closing the door, plus setting the parking brake and putting the vehicle in gear (it is a standard), a few minutes later I could hear the garage door opening and then the dog barking. I looked outside and my car was outside about forty feet from the driveway. I called my husband and we inspected the car. All the doors were locked, and inside it was clear that the park brake was down and the gear in neutral. Also, the electric garage door had been opened so that the car would not crash into it. We have no explanation for this one at all. My mother was sleeping in her bed at the time of incident.

4. Going into a room and the overhead lights coming on, as well as all the floor lamps in the room. This also includes the fan in the corner, and a little hand held battery operated fan I keep beside the bed.

This is what I refer to as paranormal activity. More has happened, but I don't want to freak anyone out here. PS: I do NOT believe in this sort of thing. I am still searching for a scientific cause. I was just curious is anyone here had experienced anything like this. The reason I only cited the witnessed events is so that they could not be relegated to my DID or to hallucinations. These are but a few examples. I hope this clarifies what I term as 'paranormal'.
Heart
12-08-2016, 08:21 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Are you chr or open to those ideas? I could share how i would respond if you want ideas on what to do.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
05-05-2017, 08:48 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

I am a devout chr. My uncle is an Anglican priest and has dealt with these incidents throughout his career. He has told me that he has seen things that would make the hair stand up on the back of my neck, and I believe him. His first question to me about this latest spate of activity was, "Do you feel any evil or malevolence?" Neither my husband nor I feel any evil, and in fact have said prayers in each room of the house to elicit protection from evil. Despite this, the activity continues. My uncle has postulated that it is just possible that some of the activity is a Theophany, which is God making His presence known in a physical way. The other theory is that people with deep-seated psychological issues actually generate energy that can manifest itself in what appears to be paranormal activity. Having ruled out evil forces, I am left believing that because both my husband and I have deep psychological issues, a lot of what is happening is our own energy manifesting. I have experienced these type of incidents since a very young child. The fact, however, that both of us are hearing and seeing the same thing at the same time, pretty much rules out individual hallucinations.

I only put this question out there to see if others have also had these experiences. As a whole, this community of people represents individuals who have suffered a great deal of trauma. I just thought it would be interesting to see if this type of experience was more common with us, as a group, then the normal general population. When activity in the house increases, my husband experiences it more by seeing things, while I feel and hear it. When we both see and hear it simultaneously, it gives more credibility to the possibility of being genuine energy. Judging by the lack of response on the part of others here, I can loosely conclude that this experience is not that common, and I have to just leave it at that.

My uncle is coming to visit this summer. He is going to bless the house and "clear' it with prayer and special incense. I will feel better after this process has been completed. If the activity persists after this ritual cleansing has occurred, then I will just relegate it to one of those things that we have to endure as part of being who we are. There have been at least two deaths of my close relatives in this house, but the activity started long before that. I guess I will continue to call it paranormal simply because it is a convenient word for something we do not yet fully understand or having all the answers for.
Heart
05-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

We are evangelic and believe in the priesthood of all believers. Dr Charles Kraft has written a very good book on the subject called the Rules of Engagement. I think Angela was just going to tell you, that you can take authority, tell the whatever that your boss outranks it's superiors so it's mission is canceled and it needs to leave.

If it refuses, ask why it thinks it has a right to stay and cancel any of those reasons.

-unknown
05-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

We have spoken to it invoking our deity several times with little success, which leaves me highly suspicious that the 'energy' involved is being generated by those of us who live here. It is not unusual for those with mental illness to create energy of this kind, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. The very good news is that there is no malice here, and as long as things remain friendly, I am willing to share my space with 'energy'. I don't believe that I'll ever truly find an answer to this, but I had hoped that others here had shared in this experience. One of those things I guess. I'll still be glad when a bona fide priest comes in and clears out the house, but I agree with you dreamers, that all believers can call forth the authority of He who outranks the unsavory things that go bump in the night.
Heart
05-14-2017, 11:57 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

I think I woud ask it why it thinks it has rights to stay. Once I saw something tell a pastor that he needed oil to get rid of it. The pastor got some and that worked

-unknown
05-26-2017, 02:45 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
My friend had a car that hated women. It would shut down for no reason. Hubby would go to get her and the car would start. For other men as well. It happened so many times that they sold it... to a man.
I had a cat that I called my guard dog. She would start staring like someone was in the room.
The younger ones often see a man with a black hat and coat. We know he isn't there but he especially shows up around a certain holiday.
We have known when bad or sad things are happening within the family. And we smell the mother's cigarettes.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-27-2017, 02:01 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

People: I have this theory that many of us who have been damaged by trauma, have also become sensitized to 'energy' that others may not sense. Cats have been cited in numerous articles as staring at things that humans cannot see. I also feel that traumatized persons are naturally hypervigilant, sometimes to the point where their senses have extended farther than what is considered normal. This extension of our attention is also another reason, in my opinion, why many of us are aware of things that others may not notice.

I spent my whole life believing that many of my experiences were simply hallucinations. It wasn't until my husband started witnessing these things at the same time I was witnessing them, that I started to take a bit more notice. He too has a horrendous trauma history and D.I.D., so it follows (within the parameters of my personal theory), that he too is able to sense things normally not seen or felt or heard by others.

In our case we have been in contact with a legitimate church-trained exorcist. His advice to us has been quite simple: if we felt that this 'energy' was evil, threatening, or frightening in any way, he would avail us of someone in our area qualified to deal with such situations. However, bizarre as some of our experiences have been, neither of us has ever felt the presence of evil. As such, we feel that 'live and let live' was the best course for us, and it has worked out. We've never had any kind of dangerous escalations of the activity nor have we felt fear. Having said this, we are expecting this person to visit us as a house guest this summer. At that time he plans to 'clear the house' in a gentle ceremony that involves special prayers in each room of the house. I think of it as trying to assist the 'energy' in the event that it is something that is trapped here and needs help to find its way.

I never imagined in a gzillion years that I would find myself in this situation. I am scientifically trained in critical thinking and as such have an extremely high degree of skepticism about such things. I am quite alarmed that popular culture via these ridiculous 'supernatural reality TV shows' have taken so called ghost hunting to a new level of popularity that I find distressing, mostly because now that I realize that in some cases there may well be actual entities involved, I fear for those who think that they can handle these situations based on watching these TV shows. One thing that I was warned about was not to engage the 'energy' in terms of trying to get it to do things or leave or show itself, or to manipulate it in any way. According to my qualified contact, this can open Pandora's box and lead to some serious trouble. Some things are best left to the experts, who are in this case, Roman trained priests and ministers of various different churches who are have received an elite education in handling these kind of problems. It seems that every Catholic and Anglican Church has a trained exorcist available in many of it dioceses. It is not something that is commonly known, and for the most part if asked, these churches will play down this fact. It is not something that they want the general public to know about. The fact that they still train select members of their clergy in this area, shows that a worldwide need exists.

All of this has been quite an eye-opener for me. For my part, I simply tell myself that it would be very 'unscientific' of me to deny the existence of something just because I can't see it. I can't see air, but I breathe it all day long. That you, People, should sense more than what most do not, shows that some of us are able to extend our senses into an unseen world that many are blissfully unaware of. I never desired any of this to happen to me. I don't talk about it except here where, because of my theory about trauma linked to sixth sensitivity, I seek to find out if others in this very unique group of individuals have shared any of these experiences. At the very least, I would hope that if anyone here has had these experiences and not told anyone for fear of being labeled as a 'nut job', that this dialogue has allowed some sort of validation for anyone who has had any type of similar experiences. It is quite possible that most of those diagnosed with D.I.D. are sensitive to being labeled with yet another stigmatizing element, and the natural tendency is quite likely to simply say nothing about this issue, and certainly not to volunteer personal experiences. I entirely understand and empathize. We have a hard enough time having our D.I.D. believed by mainstream psychological and psychiatric practitioners. If we throw paranormal events into the mix, then there goes any tiny foothold of credibility we had.

Like Shakespeare wrote, "There are more things on heaven and earth that are dreamt of in your philosophy". Amen to that! D.I.D. itself definitely falls into that category where most of us here still struggle with so many mental health practitioners who do not subscribe to D.I.D. because they claim they've never seen a case. I guess if you can't see it, it doesn't exist - just like air.
Heart
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 06:23 PM by Cammy.)
06-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Find Reply