Bad ending to Christmas
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Bad ending to Christmas
I spent boxing day with friends and had my turkey dinner with them. It was my first year in a long time where I spent the holiday with people (it was supposed to be Christmas Day but she forgot to take out the turkey)

I had the son's cap from the Christmas Eve horse Wagon ride. Very cold and I couldn't find my own hat when I was leaving home and the hoods just didn't block the cold.

The son wanted his hat back so I called the house after T to state that I was not far away and could bring the hat as it was obvious that it was important to him.

Mom answered her phone and said they were just going to watch a movie. I took it as an invitation.

As I left Dad was angry. He said stuff like "didn't you notice that nobody answered the phone?" I stated that his wife did. He didn't want me there. He wanted to be alone with his family.

I walked away and said goodbye to the dogs who I love very much. I go over most weeks and walk them.

"They are going to miss you" the man said. I just turned and walked to my car. It sounded as if he didn't want me around at all anymore. He is not the man I thought he was.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2016, 12:40 AM by The People.)
12-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Bad ending to Christmas
oh man, that really stinks. he was very rude. im so sorry it ended like that.
12-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Thanks Mosaic.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-31-2016, 05:12 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
People, I am SO sorry that this happened to you. I don't know what the heck gets into some folks sometimes. I've also noticed that Christmas time often brings out the worst in others, and not the best. You certainly didn't deserve this, and if it were me I would just tell myself that it's his loss. Obviously he has some kind of problem. Please try not to dwell on this outright unkindness - it was totally unwarranted which really makes me feel like the man lashed out at you because you just happened to be in the wrong place at that time. For sure you don't need people like this in your life. It's obviously best not to have any further communication, but should you require closure, best to find a way to reach out to his wife. Maybe even a letter expressing yourself if you really feel a need to say something. Your motto is, "I Am My Only Chance For a Hero". You are also the one who can make sure that you never become or feel like a victim ever again. In these situations, after much self-reflection, I have learned to opt to not let others harm me with their words. We have all had too much of that in our lives already. What he did was cowardly, showed a total lack of empathy, and was completely unfair. He could have handled the situation much more diplomatically if there was a miscommunication involved. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there just like him. When we choose to not let their words continue to hurt us, we are taking away their power over us, and thus we empower ourselves. Sometimes it is initially difficult to sort out the wheat from the chaff, but eventually everyone ends up showing themselves for what they really are. Now you know what this person is really like. I hope that you can shake the dust off your sandals and just move on from this. I am sending you warm gentle comforting thoughts to help protect your feelings from this cruel act. Please take special care.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
01-10-2017, 02:28 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad Dream or Bad Memory? puzzle 5 4,848 05-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn