Weirdness durig move
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   Weirdness durig move
It was a long and tiring day. T found someone who was getting rid of furniture and I almost gave it all away because I was sure it smelled like smoke. I spent the night with friends and went to T. She said there were no smokers in their house due to health issues.

I am sitting in the lazyboy type rocker. No smoke. It is so much like the one my mother had. Was she here or was my mind playing games. She does come to visit as I have smelled her cigarettes many times since moving to the city. So weird. Does anyone else go through this?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Weirdness durig move
Hi People: I too have olfactory hallucinations from time to time. When I pass a site where I've attended to a very serious/horrible call during my professional career as an emergency response worker, I often get a bit of a PTSD flashback thing happen where I can smell the smells that were at the call. It is like my nose travels back in time and is re-living the whole experience. There have been other times when I have smelled scents that aren't there, and it is almost always in association with past tr--ma. I asked my T about this once, and she said that this type of hallucination is extremely common for people who have a tr--ma history. My personal tendency is to visually hallucinate more easily and more readily than having olfactory (nose/smell) hallucinations, but this is just the way I have been wired since childhood.
I hope this helps answer your question and allays any fears that what you are experiencing is something out of the ordinary. For people like us something like this is par for the course. (Our 'normal' would make most people run screaming from the building. LOL)
Reassuring cyber hug from Igraine.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Weirdness durig move
Thanks for answering. This is not new for us. The woman who was here before smoked and while not in her apartment her clothes left an odor. Smokers don't realize that. Also, this chair is so like the one the mother had. Not in colour but a comfortable padded rocker. It is where I spend a lot of time now. Kitty likes it too.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new pooh move The People 0 1,413 07-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: The People
Question wondr bout hat move The People 2 2,308 07-25-2014, 12:55 AM
Last Post: The People
Other/All/Unsure 2 days to move The People 1 2,292 01-25-2014, 10:32 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Other/All/Unsure Move update The People 2 2,567 01-24-2014, 06:07 AM