Move tomorrow.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Scared  Move tomorrow.
We are so scared. 3rd move since Sep1 and there was an apartment stay in between. In our desperation we had no idea we were moving onto the street with the city's largest outdoor crack den. Landlord is being an *ss.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-30-2016, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Move tomorrow.
good luck with the move! we grew up opposite a crack house and it didn't actually cause us problems (probably not a useful example, but maybe). hoping the new place is more peaceful and better for all of you..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Ours wasn't just a crack house. It was a while crack neighbourhood. Even the cop I saw told me not to walk in the area as everybody is on drugs. I was approached with the carefully worded question "are you hungry?" Took a minute to clue in. I just went t after dark for milk for coffee. There was much more to it.
02-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

The move was hell. We hadn't slept in 2 nights. Some guy was banging on a door of neighbour at 6:30. So we got up and started getting organized. Truck we rented was supposed to be a cube van. Wasn't. A friend of a friend helped us all day. Didn't want to take money but I forced some on her and told her to spend it on her kids.

We were so sore last night. Took forever to find Tylenol. Awoke in middle of night with leg cramps. took forever to find Tylenol. Two called T and said we are horrible bigs. One big bruise. Have hardly eaten. Well we did have a small pizza last night but I don't even think we tasted it.

We are at a coffee shop now. Tossed coffee maker as it is toast. Overwhelmed.

Plus we moved in September we moved because of the construction noise in building. They were drilling on the floor today as I tried to get out of building And they are rebuilding a bar that is on the main floor. One cannot get away from construction in this city although at least I can shut it out since it is not right on top of me.

Forgot to book for utilities to be moved so no cable or internet for a week. we fall asleep to TV and this computer doesn't even have room for DVDs. Didn't notice that when I bought it. I think I go through the world blind.
02-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Move tomorrow.
We hope that things settle down for you soon. Sending good thoughts.

MDs
02-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Move was so stressful The People 0 1,675 11-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Last Post: The People