death
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
death
My T lost his father the other day. I feel so bad for him. He didn't even get to say goodbye. I also have a friend that lost their 10 year old grandson recently. I talked to him the other day, and he cried and laughed together. I was on this emotional journey with him. Up an down, like a roller coaster. I have lost a lot of people close to me, it hits me hard. I can't even talk to my T, because he's going through his own grief.
This is so hard.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
08-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: death
I disagree with your thought that you cannot talk to your T about it. Perhaps not for the first visit after he gets back but once you are settled into a routine again it would be totally appropriate. His losses are not your losses. Two different things. Asking your T about his loss would be a boundary issue IMO but talking about your losses is fine. Sometimes we heal best when we help others.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
agree with the people - there will come a time when it is okay to talk to t about it.
08-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
We are so sorry you are going through this. Losses like this are so very hard to deal with. Sending you blue flowers.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
08-29-2015, 02:48 AM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thanks guys.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-03-2015, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: death
We're sorry that you're going through this, angel with wings.

A little over a year ago, our T's husband had a serious medical incident, and while the condition is not terminal, he is no longer able to care for himself. As he is in his 80s, it's a very real possibility that our T may soon be in the same situation as your T.

Even during the past year, our T's availability has been seriously impacted by having to care for her husband. She's committed to being available to us, but we still have to keep this new dynamic in mind.

We had been hesitant to discuss our feelings about all of this with our T. But we know that the situation's impact on us is a valid point for discussion, so we let her know our feelings. We're still a client, and therefore she's still obligated to hear the issues and feelings that we bring to her. And it's a lot better than keeping our feelings inside and building resentment.

We hope that you're able to talk with your T about your feelings soon.

MDs
09-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Website Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Me too. He is still unavailable. Waiting.
09-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Find Reply