Told I am too sensitive
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Told I am too sensitive
A friend (who is probably well into a bottle of wine) send out an email via bcc. It said 'You are one big lollipop'. In other words 'sucker'. A woman was being interviewed and saying how much she enjoyed being on welfare. Food stamps, spending time with friends, toys from Santa's Anonymous for her kids...

I was furious. I receive a disability pension. Would give jus about anything to go back to work and have a normal life. For years I worked with people who want nothing more than to get off government support and have a normal lifestyle.

I emailed her back and told her don't ever send anything like that again after writing pretty much of what is said here. She responded that she sent it because she knew I didn't feel that way which is pure bullsh*t. Why would she call me a lollipop? It is bad enough when the people who don't know me make such statements. But a friend? f*ck! Have told her not to phone me when she is drunk. She violated that rule the other night and got upset when I made a scientifically proven comment. Because she fit into the mileau. Or so she claims. I disagree but could tell her level of 'drunk' was increasing. So I just got off the phone. Now this.
12-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Told I am too sensitive
Doesn't sound like much of a friend. Undecided

We're sorry this happened to you.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 11:42 PM by MakersDozn.)
12-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: Told I am too sensitive
We have blocked her. Trying to figure out how to block someone's phone number but cannot. Sadly she is a good person when she is sober but that is becoming less and less frequent. Clue? If I found paper money my first thought would be a meal out or stick it on a bill. Hers "I can buy a bottle of wine. This was a big part of our upbringing. I d0n't need it in my adult life.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Told I am too sensitive
Good for you for taking care of yourselves. We know that blocking someone can be a difficult decision to make.

Don't know if this helps, but our phone provider (same as our internet provider) offers the ability to block specific phone numbers by logging into our account online and entering the phone number in question. Have you looked into this?

MDs
12-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Thanks for the info. Don't think she will try to call for a while and we just won't answer. Will look into it when head slows down. We use a cell phone though. Different provider. Don't have land line.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 07:14 PM by The People.)
12-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Found blocking mechanism for phone!
12-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer