Letting go finally
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Letting go finally
Tonight I finally let go of someone who was more important to me than I was to her. My little sister. I tried to stay in touch for the longest time and she...

She is coming here in the next few days. I kept asking and asking and she wouldn't answer. Finally I got mad. I short while ago we had the longest email conversation we had in a long time. She talked about how her mother shut things off and today I told her she does the same thing.

She really hasn't been part of my life in almost 20 year although we stayed in touch on occasion. She has joined Facebook and I see the funny side of her and pictures of her 2 kids. But I don't talk with her.

She meant so much to me. But that is in the past. So I said good bye to her. There was no comment back except for the change in FB photo where she has her mad face on.

I am sad but I feel like I had finally been able to flush the toilet after everything being clogged up. As usual I probably went too far but it is hard to converse with somebody who won't talk back.

The end of an era. So I have gone from sort of someone to nobody at all. But I cannot stand when I ask questions and someone won't answer. She will be traveling wit her real sister who hates me so would never go out of her way for my Little to see me.

BTW, this is from the program not the grubs related by blood.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Letting go finally
so sorry for this loss. letting go of someone who has meant something can be so painful. it also takes a lot of strength.

i wish i could come up with something to say that would make it "all better"... you are somebody to us
07-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Friendship/Support  RE: Letting go finally
that is very hard to do. we've realised we fight hard not to let go, even of these kind of no-longer supportive/fulfilling relationships. struggling with a similar situation now. well done for recognising and ending it. that's a major achievement. hope we can do the same..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay Finally, Something Good MakersDozn 6 4,465 01-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn