A realization
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  A realization
I have been calling people good friends for a long time but have not seen them in years. They don't return calls or emails. They have no idea what my life is like.

These are not friends. A little early but my Christmas shopping has become depleted significantly this year. I cannot afford it anyway but if I mean so little to someone what is the point? Even if their gifts are more expensive than mine and one buys for Two. We can look after two and the rest of our family. It would be nice to have more friends but this is not the definition of friendship. But it makes me sad.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: A realization
i think the definition of friendship and who is a friend is a very tricky one. we haven't cracked it yet, b/c it depends both on our definition and on the other person's. some people we thought were good friends didn't seem to think the same of us and vice versa. i guess in the end you have to decide whether each of them means enough to you that you continue to put in that extra effort or not. perhaps as with so many things friendship is a continuum rather than a yes/no and we each have to draw the line where we are most comfortable.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: A realization
This has always been a hard issue for us too. We remember when you (The People) wrote a post here about your A Circle, your B Circle, and so on. That post helped us a lot.

http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=986&pid=7102#pid7102

We know that you're an extravert, so may need more people in your life than an introvert needs. In any event, we'd rather have quality than quantity.

Hoping you're able to resolve this in a way that works best for you.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2014, 02:35 PM by MakersDozn.)
05-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Website Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: A realization
the lopsidedness of relationships has always been a source of confusion and sadness for us. we are sorry you experience it.
05-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Agree  RE: A realization
(05-23-2014, 04:30 PM)mosaic Wrote: the lopsidedness of relationships has always been a source of confusion and sadness for us. we are sorry you experience it.

I agree completely.

Take care,

Charity
05-25-2014, 01:28 PM
Website Find Reply