moved in
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
moved in
The move was a nightmare and nothing really happened the way it was supposed to go. The movers I hired were so useless. They might have had 1/2 a brain between the two of them! My furniture is damaged, they didn't know how to load a truck......they had one speed and that was slower than a turtle......
The truck I ordered wasn't big enough so we had to make two trips.....the second trip was done during the freezing rain and then the snow hit! The new place was trashed and was not cleaned after the old tenant had moved out. My body hurts so bad......I don't ever remember my body hurting in so many different places like it does now.
As I go around cleaning as I unpack I notice more and more things that need fixing and more to do..........It is a nightmare and I just keep thinking when am I going to wake up..........
All I feel like doing is crying.............but I don't think I will ever stop..........
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
03-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: moved in
Glad that the move is over. Sorry it was so stressful. Sending you good thoughts.
03-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: moved in
oh TW, so sorry to hear how unpleasant it was! at least the move itself is over. hope your landlord makes the repairs quickly!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: moved in
Reminds me of my first apartment in the city. It was a disaster. I made the assumption that the apartment would be cleaned prior to the move in as that was how it was where I used to live. I was so traumatized as I had just moved to a city. A friend talked me into hiring osmeone to help me clean. In retrospect I could have called the Landlord and Tenant advisory board. Landlord would have had to put me up in a hotel until repairs were done or I could have looked for a new place while my furniture was still in storage. Hindsight is 20-20. Renters rights vary from place to place but you might want to find out what your rights are as well as report moving company to whomever - here it is the Better Business Bureau. So often we put up with stuff because we were taught fighting back is not safe. But we have rights! Find out from somebody what yours are. And good luck. I just moved too and it has its shortcomings but life will get better as the landlord is awesome.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-09-2014, 01:19 AM
Find Reply