What I had connfirmed today
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  What I had connfirmed today
Years ago I met a woman that I stayed friends with for a long time. It started when we figured out in a support group that we were born in the same town and lived on similar streets where most houses had at least 1 perp in them. We were stunned (the fathe's BFF lived on her street). She moved away and was older than me.

Monday night I had a sudden urge to write someone. She thought about what I had told her (naming of some perps that would never be on lists but are young enough to still be misbehaving). The woman who wrote me back was unaware of this. She went on about some stuff and then added something that was shocking but not surprising.

A magazine did an article on my home town. The basis of the article? Why it had a higher than average # of perps This is a very small town. I laugh when I hear people talk about small towns as if they were the source of the holy grail.

KA was out for most of the day as you may have noted from her Olympics brag. However, it just hit me. It really was that bad.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Friendship/Support  RE: What I had connfirmed today
However, it just hit me. It really was that bad.
[/quote]

It's good to have the confirmation, very validating--even as it probably strikes a chord of shock with the amplification of the reality of it all. I haven't had confirmation on the level of media attention, but even so I have found any shred of outside confirmation of any sort both exciting and horrifying. Mostly it has helped fill in pieces of the puzzle. So I'm glad for you, and I hope you can be proud you survived such a sick small town and give yourselves some extra nurturing as the confirmation gets processed. Take care--orek
02-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: What I had connfirmed today
Agreeing 100 percent with orek. We're glad that you've gotten some validation.

MDs
02-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Website Find Reply