The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Troubled - The People - 07-26-2020, 02:39 AM
RE: Troubled - mosaic - 07-26-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: Troubled - The People - 07-27-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Troubled - phoenix22 - 07-28-2020, 08:34 AM
Troubled
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Troubled
I think I have spoken previously about a friend who is quite old. She is 86. She has one son who is 60, has schizophrenia and is a drunk. Last night I had an issue with a store. I had just come from there so I made the mistake of calling him. He was already drunk. I don't know what possessed me. I wasn't handling hesitation at all well. The store had rung my card through twice. It shows up on my phone when my card has been used. So I knew right away. I called the police instead of confronting them. He asked me why I was making such a fuss and I (whoever was out) said "I am tired of people taking things from me."

There is a long story behind that statement. To do with family. I only had 2 small glasses of wine.

After telling me I made a fool of him he asked me (I forget) I said that I was going to go home and calm down. At that point he started chasing an electric scooter. He was like a mad man, yelling "you're not supposed to ride on the sidewalks! It says so on the machine!" I was so glad he forgot about me long enough for me to get on the bus.

I had my phone turned off but he called at least 5 times. Probably he passed out after that.

My friend fell last week. She didn't have her buzzing thing on but it would have gone to him and he would have been too drunk to hear the phone. She needs to be in a home but she refuses to go and he doesn't want her to go. Not because he wants her there. He relies on her money and doesn't want her to spend his inheritance.

I feel the need to speak up on this. I cannot be around him anymore. He appalls me. He is not capable of looking after her beyond cooking. Imagine the drugs he is on and mixing that with hard liquor. I am overwhelmed. He is a b*st*rd.

When I wouldn't allow him to take me home he yelled "we are almost all you have!"

I have real friends. I have my cat. I would rather have nothing than to have him. He is worse than nothing. However, I am the sole sane person that checks on her regularly. I am her friend. But she comes with him. I so worry about her. I am at a loss as to what to do.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-26-2020, 02:39 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Troubled - The People - 07-26-2020, 02:39 AM
RE: Troubled - mosaic - 07-26-2020, 09:42 AM
RE: Troubled - The People - 07-27-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Troubled - phoenix22 - 07-28-2020, 08:34 AM