The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Some of the tears were for me - The People - 08-11-2019, 04:58 AM
Some of the tears were for me
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Some of the tears were for me
I have just finished watching 'When They See Us' on Netflix. If you have not seen it yet I encourage you to do so. Male or female keep some tissues nearby. If you are white it may give you a better sense of what it is like to be a young person with dark skin. While the woman had no memory of what the person looked like who hurt her, every boy who was rounded up had dark skin to some degree. And we wonder why they are angry.

Please be aware that, while there was nothing shown in the open there are some very dark and triggering scenes. Afterward, Oprah Winfrey had a discussion. She was involved with producing.

Something else stood out for me. Girls and women lose their innocence to perverts and will never be the same, but the percentage who try to face their rapists but are not believed. Judges say things like "can't you keep your legs closed?" These young boys had their innocence taken away from them because evil people needed kids to put the blame on. It didn't matter what the truth was. We all have our own truths whether people believe us or not. Hold onto them.

BTW, if you don't get Netflix it is supposedly on You Tube.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 04:59 AM by The People.)
08-11-2019, 04:58 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Some of the tears were for me - The People - 08-11-2019, 04:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about tears The People 4 3,806 08-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Cammy
Sad Day of Tears Cammy 5 4,447 03-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Cammy