Devastated- contains talk of death
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
May trigger  Devastated- contains talk of death
My therapist is dying. Some of you may remember that I posted some time ago that he has lung cancer. I have been working with this therapist for over 13 years. He believed that I was multiple long before anyone was willing to talk to him that the outside was aware of although inside ones did talk to him and the outside one did not know about it.
We have made incredible progress lately as far as knowing what happened to us to cause the multiplicity. We now know about the abuse that occurred for so long and then realized that there was another instance of abuse that occurred later by someone we should have been able to trust.
Anyway, my therapist is dying and we are devastated and terrified. We still get to see him, but have no idea how long this will be able to continue. Treasuring every visit. Realizing it will not last much longer.
We have support lined up for when he can no longer meet, but it will not be as often as we meet with him. Scared about that too. Not sure how we will make it. Just wanted you here to know.

Silent S
11-21-2015, 04:10 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Devastated- contains talk of death
We're sorry that you're going through this, Silent S. And we're keeping you in our thoughts. Good for you for coming here and talking about this.

MDs
11-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi Silent S,
so sorry to hear about your T. glad you have support lined up but it's definitely a really tough situation. do feel free to stop by anytime if you want to talk. sending you blue flowers...
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
Hello Silent S....
We are SO SORRY that this is happening.
We wish you Strength and Hope and Comfort.
And a field of Blue Flowers.
from rainbows
11-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Devastated- contains talk of death
I think that it would feel like the loss of a parent - a good parent - if this was to happen to me. I am so sorry that you have to go through this but so proud of you for holding it together. For him and for you. You cannot fix him but you can honour his gift to you by holding on. We are all here for you. @-------->-
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-28-2015, 01:29 AM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me. Appreciate all the flowers.
Silent s
11-28-2015, 02:31 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Keep coming back when you need to talk. Many of us have had finales with therapists. I don't know of anyone who had to deal with this but we do understand loss. Please look after yourself. For yourself as wll as your T who really wants that I am sure.
11-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

The sorrow and grief is overwhelming. Times of feeling like i am being pulled under and will never get out of it. This is not ok. NOT OK!! so sad and scared.
12-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
so sorry you're going through this. you're right, it's not OK. sitting with you if you want.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
12-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
We hear you, Silent S. We're sitting and listening as well.

MDs
12-21-2015, 02:14 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Silent S what would your t ask of you right now? What would he want you to do? Death is hard. I am not trying to minimize your feelings. Perhaps you could make a collage, write a poem or do something else where you could place this pain. It won't take it away but it would be something positive for him. He would want to know that you will be ok when he is gone. You are not alone although it may feel this way.

And grieve. You are allowed to do that. I grieved when Ts left me. I grieved when friends died. It is acceptable and necessary to allow yourself to grieve but to honour him at the same time b staying safe. @_________>_
12-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk of death MT The People 2 2,088 10-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Last Post: The People
  Death of my perpetrator Cammy 3 2,948 04-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: The People
Caution May Trigger-Talk of death Tangled Web 4 3,373 01-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web
  Devastated Silent Society 9 5,880 12-12-2014, 04:56 AM