So angry with my doctor
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
So angry with my doctor
I have been seeing thiis particular family doctor for over a year now. We have chronic pain issues from a back injury and surgery and require meds for the pain. We go every month and get a prescription for the pain meds. Then she found out that I have D.I.D. and suddenly everything has changed. She is reluctant now to give me more than 2 weeks worth of pain medication, and wants me to keep track of every pill that I take, the time, and how I was feeling and thinking when I took it. Is she kidding? I have been responsibly using this medication for several years now, but suddenly I am being treated like some kind of irresponsible, crazed imbecile. Once again, this is what happens to me when health professionals find out about my multiplicity - they just get ignorant and stupid on me. It is going to be difficult, but my original doctor is practicing medicine again. I think it is time to go back to him and leave this ridiculous woman in the dust. I get so angry and insulted when this happens. When will I EVER learn to not discuss my multiplicity with these people? 
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
09-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: So angry with my doctor
Yes I have been down that road. I am fortunate now that I have medical people who trust me. Can you express your feelings to this doctor? The trust issue and how it is important to you?

I am also sorry you are in so much pain.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: So angry with my doctor
Ohforpetesake. We're sorry that this happened to you, Igraine.

MDs
09-06-2015, 11:33 AM
Website Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: So angry with my doctor
Strange thing happened. At our last appointment we decided five seconds before the doctor came into the exam room to just totally LET IT GO as in not care at all what happens. She came in, glanced over the report she made me write and almost started crying while apologizing for all the pain she has put me through over the past year. I was stunned. She wrote me a prescription for the correct amount of medication and promised this would never be an issue again. My T suspects that this doctor has some major underlying psychopathy. I agree. Even though she has agreed to help me properly, I have found a new doctor that I will meet in a few weeks. My issue with the old doctor is wondering how long this new attitude of hers is going to last. i'm wondering if she has bipolar issues or just Power Over issues. In any case my T has implored me to get away from her as soon as possible.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
09-13-2015, 10:29 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Glad that she apologized, but we also agree that it's good that you found a new doctor. Good luck.

MDs
09-16-2015, 08:39 PM
Website Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
O that is so Horrible !
So GLAD you will have a different Doc now.

We have experienced similar.
We never tell anyone we are Multie now. Not ever.( Well,except T )

Our Trust Level with Docs - almost nonexistent.
Also we have found it is best to never allow T and Doc to communicate with each other.
We do not provide their names to each other and - this is important I think -
We do not have our T and our Doc at the same Clinic.

Hoping it will be way Better with new Doc.
from rainbows
09-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Father’s Day sad and angry) MT dreamers 6 3,250 06-25-2019, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Five of Hearts
Angry Does it ever make you angry? The People 3 2,182 06-22-2019, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Five of Hearts
  Getting angry The People 2 2,392 01-07-2018, 12:47 AM
Last Post: The People
  So frustrated & angry because I've regressed Cammy 4 3,307 02-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Cammy
Angry I am so angry at T Tangled Web 3 3,451 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Last Post: The People