motivation
Dreamscapes Collectives Offline
Country of the Chaotic

Threads: 39
Question  motivation
I have several projects in the works, two which I am trying to focus on. But I can't seem to get up the motivation to do anything other than editing here and there. I mean, the creative part isn't gone because the writers like to create stories in our head, or think out where what we're working will go next. So it's not quite writer's block. It's the actually sitting at the computer and doing what needs to be done..

Anyone have this problem or know of any ways to get past the lethargy?

realms people for the writers
Volcano
Too many to count, too many to name, but we're all here just the same.
08-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: motivation
I have definitely have had this problem. I have images in my head that I would love to put onto paper but when I go to do it I just stare at a blank page and nothing gets put down or i have an idea of a really cool poem or lil blurps as I like to call them and I can't get it out either. I haven't figured out to get passed this either but I understand the frustration that comes with it.
There was one time when I was feeling this intense anger and did write about it and just let the thoughts and words flow that I was able to create things afterwards.........it was almost like the block had been lifted for awhile but it is back now and I am not sure why or how to get past it especially since I don't feel anything going on at the moment.......just coasting......
Sitting here listening
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
08-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   RE: motivation
(08-15-2012, 07:58 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: I have definitely have had this problem. I have images in my head that I would love to put onto paper but when I go to do it I just stare at a blank page and nothing gets put down or i have an idea of a really cool poem or lil blurps as I like to call them and I can't get it out either. I haven't figured out to get passed this either but I understand the frustration that comes with it.
There was one time when I was feeling this intense anger and did write about it and just let the thoughts and words flow that I was able to create things afterwards.........it was almost like the block had been lifted for awhile but it is back now and I am not sure why or how to get past it especially since I don't feel anything going on at the moment.......just coasting......
Sitting here listening

We have the opposte issue. We write and write as it calms us but editing is boring and we are not good at it.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
We are not doing well at responses yet. Sorry about that.,

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-12-2013, 03:46 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
I love the pic........I know how the cat feels. Being out of coffee is definitely an emergency to me. Thanks for tha laugh!
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
Find Reply