Social isolation and issues
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Social isolation and issues
I live alone. Well, me and the kitty and the few dozen alters who float around. We stopped working several years back when the combination of physical and mental health caused exhaustion. We make phone calls but mostly we sit in our chair that badly needs replacing but is our favourite chair.

Today I read a news article. It was about the social isolation caused by the pandemic added to addictions.

We have really cut back on our drinking since we came off the world's worst drug. Cymbalta. Drugs never work well for us but this was hell. Anyway, while we are back to drinking in moderation we are also back to food binges. The cat and I are both going to get very fat. Well, the cat is already there.

I hear my T and pdoc telling me to push myself to go out walking. However, my best walks are when I have a destination and other than the grocery store where we spent way too much money yesterday everything is closed. There is no destination whatsoever. We could walk to a coffee shop and get take out but that seems pointless.

I don't share my ED with anyone in 3D. A face just flashed into my brain. I had supper with an old friend before the craziness started. She has lost a tonne of weight. So I won't be sharing with her. God this is tough. And nobody is posting here so while I am alone in my apartment I don't think I am alone in my suffering. Sadly that doesn't help.

If you are reading, please acknowledge.Just say hi or something.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-25-2020, 04:52 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Social isolation and issues
i hear you. my circumstances are pretty much the polar opposite right now (my daughter and her three teenagers live with us as my daughter is getting divorced - they are with us indefinitely). all the same, i hear your loneliness.

maybe i will be in touch in another way that is more secure and share phone numbers? it's not the same as having someone in 3D to chat with.... it's all i can offer.
03-25-2020, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Social isolation and issues
That would be great Mosaic although I do have friends to talk with on the phone. As an extrovert, I have always done better face to face as opposed to phone calls. Still, it would be nice to have another # on my phone.

I am sorry that your daughter and her kids are going through their own difficulties on top of everything else. She has a smart mama that can help her but sometimes she will need a time out. The kids too.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-27-2020, 02:12 AM
Find Reply