Counting my blessings
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Counting my blessings
It is so easy for me to feel bad for myself when my mind gets messed up and takes me with it. It is at these times that I like to stop myself and try to focus on all the positive things in my life instead of the negative things. I thought it would be nice to start a thread where others here can try, even for a few minutes, to see if they can find the positive things in their lives. Here are some of my biggest blessings in my life right now: My understanding husband, a roof over my head & food in the fridge, my lovely & loving pets, the fact that I have survived all the stuff in my life, AND being able to come to a place (Mosaic Minds) where I can be understood & safely talk about my DID. These are some of my blessings. What are yours?
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
02-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Counting my blessings
i have a warm house;

i have more than enough food;

i have a fulltime job for the first time in 10yrs;
(scrolling for politics)...
i haven't been banned from any major country because of my ethnicity;

we're very lucky in so many ways.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Hey nats -thanks for listing your blessings. You are SO right that we are very lucky in many ways. When I see documentaries of poor people in South America living in the sewers and being hunted down by the business community, I am SO thankful that I have a home and food. Congratulations on procuring a full time job - that is terrific! I think we North Americans often forget that for many people even creature comforts are denied to them. We indeed are VERY lucky in this way. Thank you for sharing!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
02-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I have my health and some good friends. both through here and through 3D. the health is not perfect but all things considered I am fortunate.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-06-2017, 05:30 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Thanks for your post People. I know for myself that it is sometimes VERY hard to think about blessings when I am up to my nostrils in Krap. At those times I focus on the basic things and although it doesn't exactly make me do a happy dance, it does make me put stuff in perspective. Yes, there is more to life than food, shelter, and healthcare, but to those without those things, there is no life at all. I dislike it intensely when psychic pain blots out everything and becomes the center of my attention and world. Counting the ways I am lucky pushes this aside a bit, and allows me to see through the static of distress to something different and a little more positive. When my chronic pain issues flare up, I always tell myself that others have it worse, and there is always someone worse and someone better than ourselves. Life is based on comparisons, and I suppose it is the way we view our place in the comparison game that gives us our outlook. Mine fluctuates, but this is one way to ground myself when my mind pulls me through a rocky path.

Thanks for sharing People.
Heart
02-06-2017, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Just remember it's okay to kick at walls too. I do wonder if those who say " rejoice always" have actually read the psalms. David did his share of wall kicking and God still liked him.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
03-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I am so grateful for MM as it has gotten me where I am every bit as much as Ts. But I like my T very much.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-12-2017, 02:22 AM
Find Reply
Blackrainbow Offline

Threads: 4
grateful for home
for food
for family
for health
for our cat
for new day
03-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Well done Blackrainbow. These things are to all of us so basic, and yet, when compared to the darkness it is all the good that is in our lives at the moment. I know that the "bad" list often exceed the "blessings" list in many cases, but the focus on what IS going right is on some of my worst days a good way to ground myself and to sometimes actually feel safe.
Heart
03-15-2017, 11:44 PM
Find Reply