Mosaic Minds Community Forums
Howdy from Northeast USA - Printable Version

+- Mosaic Minds Community Forums (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Visitors' Center (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Welcome Wagon (https://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Howdy from Northeast USA (/showthread.php?tid=443)

Howdy from Northeast USA - WendyLee - 06-19-2012

Hi everyone, I am WendyLee, a 56yo, single mom of 2 grown sons who both live on their own. I am disabled and live by myself in a big duplex in a small town in the country. I plan to move in a few months to be nearer my son, but have a lot of clutter to go thru' first. I hurt my back last year so it is slow going, and I have not been able to go to a therapist in a long while.

Lately I have been having strong flashbacks, nightmares, overeating, and have lost some important things, so I am looking forward to working out some issues here.

Thanks for being here! Heart

edited to change icon to blue star=newbie

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - Vivey - 06-19-2012

welcome, Wendy!

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - WendyLee - 06-19-2012

Thanks, Vivey! Smile

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - Tangled Web - 06-19-2012

Welcome WendyLee. It is nice to meet you. MM is a great place to find support. I hope you find what your looking for

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - MakersDozn - 06-21-2012

Hi, WendyLee, and welcome. We're from the northeast US as well....work in Manhattan, live on Long Island. Body-age a few years younger than you, no outside kids.

We understand the challenges of going through clutter. We have a 425-square-foot apartment, and we keep wishing for more storage space. But what we really need is to get rid of some of our stuff. Tongue

MDs

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - WendyLee - 06-22-2012

Hi TW and MD, Thanks for the welcome!

My dad's side of the family is from LI and I lived in northern NJ until age 10, I think that is an interesting coincidence! (A bit terrifying, too...) I have only been to LI once to bury my estranged father when I was 19 and I never met any of the myriad relatives that are still there (I looked 'em up online but never contacted any of them). My siblings and I were kept totally isolated from anyone other than our immediate FOO. I have only been back to northern NJ once since we moved away to the Phili area in the mid 1960s. Now I live near western PA, but hope to be moving closer to the ocean soon. Smile

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - MakersDozn - 06-22-2012

WendyLee....We understand your desire to live closer to the water. That's one of the things we like most about LI. We used to go to the beach a lot, but we haven't been in years. Too busy pretending to be a grownup. Tongue

It finally rained today....temp went down from the 90s to the 70s. Aaaaaaahhhhhh. Smile

Allegra and others

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - Elizabethn - 06-27-2012

Howdy and welcome :-). I'm usually in the Northeast as well, have lived in NJ for far too long.

Once in a great while, I plan and host 3d meetings of Mosaic Minds people in central NJ, about an hour from Philly. I hope to make one of these happen before the end of the year. If I do, I'll announce it on these boards and give my contact info so you can get more details privately.

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - WendyLee - 06-29-2012

Elizabethn,
That would be great to have a 3d meeting. I will try to come.

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - sharon/treehouse family - 07-11-2012

hi wendy

I/we live in Maine, nice to meet you. this is a great place to get support here and share good and bad and just connect to others and not feel alone. I/we are glad to meet you. talk to you soon

Kathleen/treehouse family

RE: Howdy from Northeast USA - Katz Krew - 07-12-2012

Hi WendyLee...I live in Massachusetts, born and raised. Welcome to MM. Very nice to meet you. I've had clutter issues myself and know the difficulty in facing them. Had 4 storage sheds to go through and process. My mom always said "to clean a mess you must first make a mess." When I would say "I don't know where to start" she'd reply: "Pick a corner and go from there." That's what I did. Am looking to move a couple of towns over in the next few months to be closer to my younger brother. I also understand back issues as it's a struggle for me as well. Hope you find the support you need here.

Treehouse...my dad's family comes from the OOB/Saco/Biddeford area. Are you close to any of those? I've got alot of family still in that area and try to visit them as much as possible. I love Wells Bch cause I can get close to the ocean without having to walk on the sand (it's a challenge to walk on the sand due to hip/back issues).

<3
Jamie for Katz Krew